• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/16/2015: Sioux Passage – Original Hole 7 in St. Louis (Florissant), MO

Fun course! Don't recall specifically what I did here, but since I don't have the distance for to duece it, prolly an Amp off the tee, Ibex approach or FLX Challenger approach, APX to hole out.

Whatever you got that can be thrown low hard and straight. I'll often throw a Buzzz for a placement shot. Go significantly right or left of center and the hole becomes way harder than it needs to be. They have a pin placement well to the right of center. When it's set there, you see people throwing big, sweeping hyzers.

Hyzer through the trees on the right. Probably an Eagle. Playing for the 3. I've taken too many 5+s going up the middle.

Verdict Flat, or a C-FD slight hyzerflip. Taking the advice that I don't want to be too right after cresting the hill.

Kaxe RHBH flat just over the hill, let it fly straight over it then fade gently down it.

That's pretty much it. You have to throw high enough to make it over the crest of the hill but low enough to not get knocked down early. Almost all of the birdies I've personally seen on this hole have been straight down the gut shots that don't fade too much at the end. Dan mentioned the hyzer approach which is legit, but I've never seen a bird doing that when the pin is to the left. I think it can be done, but I've never seen one myself.

Latest posts