• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/23/2022: Kress Creek Farms Hole #11 West Chicago, IL

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Kress Creek Farms in West Chicago, IL

305 ft.
240 ft.

Tee
64d81eb3.jpg

Basket
c29bcfca.jpg

Hard to say how hard the S curve is. Maybe metal flake Teebird?

Lucid Evader for the shorter pin
Lucid Escape for the longer pin

This is a pretty straightforward left-to-right dogleg, about 290'. Looks like the description/pictures are from when the course was just going in. Nowadays that bushy stuff on the left is just a big sea of tall, swampy grass. Hang it out left and you might spend a while searching with wet feet.

It's an interesting hole, because the view from the pin makes it look like a pretty severe dogleg. The actual shape of the hole is just sort of a mild, gradual left to right turn. Lots of people are afraid of going into the tall stuff, so they over-cook it into the trees short.

I throw a beat X Comet backhand if it's calm. Forehand Firebird if it's windy.

BuzzzChief dropping knowledge! It's been awhile since I've played this course and was having trouble reconciling the pics with my memory.

Depending on the wind direction, I'll be throwing a seasoned Roc or a Stingray rhbh.

BuzzzChief dropping knowledge! It's been awhile since I've played this course and was having trouble reconciling the pics with my memory.

Depending on the wind direction, I'll be throwing a seasoned Roc or a Stingray rhbh.

Yea this course has really grown on me over the last couple years. It's about an hour from home, so I only play it when our local traveling club has league night there.

It seems at first glance like it should be an easy course, but it's not. Usually there is huge scoring separation here. There are a lot of birdie opportunities, but also a lot of trouble if your drives are off. Especially when you play the tall stuff OB.