• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/4/13: Blue Mountain in Missoula, MT

That's a great question. I used to play this course in the late 90s when it was all sound poles, and this hole was pretty much an ace run. I thought maybe the pin location was changed when the baskets were put in, but after watching the video, it looks to be the same. At that time, my max drive was about 320 feet and my driver was a cheetah. Does the change in elevation matter that much? Or can someone with a GPS please walk this hole -- I'm so curious and no longer anywhere near Missoula. Thanks!

Great shot. Is that really 567ft? Its down hill, what does it play at with that in consideration?

That's a great question. I used to play this course in the late 90s when it was all sound poles, and this hole was pretty much an ace run. I thought maybe the pin location was changed when the baskets were put in, but after watching the video, it looks to be the same. At that time, my max drive was about 320 feet and my driver was a cheetah. Does the change in elevation matter that much? Or can someone with a GPS please walk this hole -- I'm so curious and no longer anywhere near Missoula. Thanks!

From what the old timers say, the old tone was about 50 feet short of the current pin location right next to the huuuge tree to the far end of the left fairway.

In my experience only the biggest arms can reach the basket in its current location with any chance at a putt.

Looks pretty downhill.... With tailwind, River fa showwww, Escape otherwise. Then soft judge approach if it's still far away.

big ol bomb with a champ wraith, dx aviar from there.

Polecat. Read a Russian novel, catch the Polecat coming down and toss it ahead into gimmie putt range for the easy 3 with style points.

Word from the wise

I started throwing this hole in the early '90's...probably tossed 3,000 discs from there since then. The old pin was up and to the left under the massive pine. Beautiful hole then and now. It is generally considered a par three from locals, but can get tricky if you turn a rhbh over and get deep and right. I can typically get in the circle with a stalled hyzer blizzard wraith and then a look at duece with a magnet. I have played it in three with a pro-d banger in our one disc wonder rounds...that was fun.

The course is nothing but fun and legitimate holes. Both big-arm and technical stuff to keep you on your toes. The tourney lay-out tightens things up quite a bit. Hole 16 Mirkwood can win or lose for you.

Check out gardencityflyers.org when you are in the area...somebody will surely meet you up there for a round and you can see the locals only routes.

See you'all under the Big Sky!!!

Since I can overhand an Epic about 400 ft, I would do that, followed by a 360° spike hyzer approach with a Ram. Finish up with a KC Pro Aviar.

Latest posts