• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/5/12 [South] St. Paul, MN

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Kaposia Park
St. Paul (South St. Paul), Mn

Hole #16
285' par 3

Tee (only picture):
3ea99947.jpg

You can very faintly see the basket dead center ahead of you, also a water symbol is shown on the hole info so maybe there's a creek or something down there to the left? Local help about the water would be great.

Nice! Love this hole! Great course too.
I normally throw a Wizard right at it.

FYI - there's a huge drop-off on the left. It's a real bad spot to end up...

Here is a pic of the basket.

Kaposia2.jpg

This is one of the easiest holes on the course. That being said this hole can be big trouble as well. The whole right side is OB swamp. Half way down the fairway on the left is a big gourge that wraps around to the back of the basket. Kaposia is arguably the hardest course in the metro and it will be the site of the MN State Amateur Championship this year.

I throw a FH Comet on this hole because of the low celling. I have been playing here a lot this spring and this is usually a birdy for me.

You don't want to fade right or left at all and going long is big trouble too.

Last edited:
Meteor hyzer-flipped right at it. No need for cleanup, this ones going in the basket.

erock nailed it. this is from the course walkthrough on playdg.com:

"The fairway is lined with hazards. On the right we have a swamp. On the left we have your basic canyon. And past the basket is a small creek. So, keep it straight and you'll be set up nicely for an unobstructed putt."

roc hyzer flip, maybe a buzz

The hole is at 6 min in the video. There is a winter and summer layout for this course and during tounement play there are three temp holes making it 27 holes.

On this hole I had a Star Ontario Roc in the chains during the Minnesota Majestic last year but I could not get it to stick. That would have been the sweetest ace ever.

However, that was a very hot shot and if I would have missed I would have greatly blown by the basket. There is a swamp on the right side and a deep gulch on the left. The backside is not as deep but basically this hole is a pennisula.

Depending on your power, you are best going after it with a neutral mid or putter. It is better to come up a little short than to go long.

If it is a nice, calm day I would likely use an Anode. If there is a little wind I would go back with a mid, likely an Axis or a Roc. Now that I have hit chains, however, I feel like I should hit it everytime.

I love how many members on here represent Minnesota. I have yet to check out Kaposia but have been meaning to. I am going to take advantage of having the holiday off tomorrow and buy my first bag and then check out CP Adams in Hastings and the course in Cottage Grove.

285 feet? Buzzz or maybe my DX Cheetah....depending on the hazards might even play it safe with my Yeti Pro Aviar.