• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/12/2020: Diamond X Hole #8 Billings, MT

Bardu

* Ace Member *
UDisc lists this hole as 311 ft. or 273 ft.

"Basket is one of the harder ones to retrieve you disc from, since it is tucked into a rocky inset."

Tee
2df46870.jpg

Tee
ad44de25.jpg

29b5cb11.jpg

Sadly this part of the course is RIP.

Back in the day, this hole was my first ace. Red PFN Champ Monster FH. So that's my shot!

Oh man, Green Hole 8 aka "The Frog's Eye" was a classic. Sadly, this 9 hole portion of the X was pulled after a massive boulder slide from what use to be the giant cliff edge that served as hole 18 Black's tee. The White 9, which replaced the Green 9, is a fun and challenging track but something about that OG 9 that really had a lot of the soul of that course. Sigh...

Anyhow, UDisc is drastically off, this hole was 149' and gained 24' in elevation. One of the more troublesome greens on the course(which is truly saying something), the actual landing zone around the target was smaller than most good tee boxes leaving players at the mercy of the cliffs and boulders surrounding. I've seen and taken scores anywhere from 1 to 7.

Last time it was in play I was going RHFH Z Zone.

Actually, let me clarify.

First pic is hole 8 Green, which is OOP, but FH Champ Monster. And brentjacobs is 100% correct on the distance, elevation, and challenging randomness of the hole.

Second pic is 8 Red, still in play. That's the longer distance, 311' sounds about right. RHFH Destroyer for me.

FH Sexton Firebird

What an ace! This course looks amazing.

Sexton FB...but sadly it'll never be for me.

I aced this hole in a tournament. Terrible shot in a strong left to right wind. I threw a dx roc lefty backhand that blew high and right into the rocks. We could hear it bouncing around and "doink", right into the basket.

Ha, understable Roc. Nice.

RHBH Explorer.

Very happy I had the opportunity to play Diamond X. My guide was ThrowBot!

Attachments

• DSCN7436.jpg
    DSCN7436.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN7456 (2).jpg
    DSCN7456 (2).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN7455.jpg
    DSCN7455.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts