• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/23/2016: Creekside Park Hole 1 in Archdale, NC

Nate sexton firebird flick fork both long and short. Possibly a beat up roc from the longs

This is a b*tch of a hole from the Blue tee. It's an awkward angle and the fairway is pretty narrow. I don't think a FH can get to the basket unless it's an understable-stable disc sort of hyzer-flipped to glide out. I usually RHBH a:

Fuse thrown with a scooch of hyzer and flipped over into a right tracking anny. The curve is just far enough from the tee that a pure anhyzer isn't very successful usually. Best case scenario is make it 3/4s down the fairway and manage a get-out-of-trouble shot to park the basket for an easy 3. It's pretty difficult to land on the fairway unless you lay up like Keltik advised in the tip above, you almost always have some skinny pines to weave around.

Meteor on the short. I freaking love the impact for long anhyzer lines that need to hold. I would try that, again, and again, and again, and ask myself why I still try.

short - probably a judge or maybe a comet/gauge

long - comet/gauge or xxx FH depending on how aggressive I want to be

Latest posts