• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/31/2023: Ockie Wisting DGC Hole #5 Rio Grande, NJ

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Ockie Wisting DGC in Rio Grande, NJ

270 ft.

"Hole #5 deserves special mention: It's straight, but the fairway is obstructed by a zombie tree with a giant branch directly across the line. The left mando means you have to deal with the tree. And watch for water to the right of the basket"

Tee
0f1b07da.jpg

Tee
eae926a6.jpg

Mid-Fairway
bdd19019.jpg

Basket
fdfae8d4.jpg

Pretty wild hole, looks daunting when greened up.

I am going RHBH Iguana. Stepping up in speed for the low ceiling and to ensure I get some left finish away from that water. Winter time I may go Inner Core or Tortuga and try to barely miss left of the "Zombie" tree.

Plasma Inertia. With that gap, and water by the basket, reminds me of a few holes on a local course I frequent.

Tyrant spike hyzer unless said water is close, then I might go Chameleon.

Tyrant spike hyzer unless said water is close, then I might go Chameleon.

I wonder if it says something about my game evolving into old man golf, but I didn't even look up first. I would probably go over the top with a Komodo for that D. Been loving the Komodo on spikes. They hit the ground like it took their lunch money.

I wonder if it says something about my game evolving into old man golf, but I didn't even look up first. I would probably go over the top with a Komodo for that D. Been loving the Komodo on spikes. They hit the ground like it took their lunch money.

Komodo is a good call as well, on that angle it would be sort of close to a full send for me though.

oof, maybe a buzzz up the gut RHBH? Feels like if I pure it, she'll prob end up wet somehow though.

Komodo is a good call as well, on that angle it would be sort of close to a full send for me though.

Love how not long the Komodo can be. 300' may be a push that high and spikey for me too. IRL I would struggle to throw a Tyrant cause water... Fingers crossed for Tyrant 2.0 in the near future.

Love how not long the Komodo can be. 300' may be a push that high and spikey for me too. IRL I would struggle to throw a Tyrant cause water... Fingers crossed for Tyrant 2.0 in the near future.

I am SO hoping for that, it's a hard disc to replace.