• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6/4/2023: Stewart Pond Hole #12 Eugene, OR

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Stewart Pond in Eugene, OR

Pin A: 225 ft
Pin B: 282 ft

Tee
b43c0402.jpg

A- Plasma Volt

B- Plasma Photon

*lol* I wasn't sure if I would live to the day when my own course came up for the HOD! This picture was from the very early days of the course. The little stump right off the tee has been ground down, and the big trees out on the hole have filled out a ton (i.e. there is no way to go around to the right side at all). The berm on the right side of the fairway has been reinforced with 1000-pound stones to make a wall up to the pin position. i.e. It's a ~225ft. left-to-right drive, and then a putt up about 10ft. to the basket at the top of the berm, with a 30+ft. drop-off (into a ditch) right after the basket behind.

For blue level (950-rating average) players, this one averages a 2.8, with 40% birdies and 20% bogies. It's one of the must-get birdies on the course, but can also lead to 3-putts. :)

Oh, I throw a Zone LHBH on this one. ;)

Last edited:
Here's a picture of what the short (A) pin position looks like:

49212668_1228625900620268_3192558592523763712_n.jpg

Last edited:
Short, Stego FH probably, long may be a Flare.

*lol* I wasn't sure if I would live to the day when my own course came up for the HOD! This picture was from the very early days of the course. The little stump right off the tee has been ground down, and the big trees out on the hole have filled out a ton (i.e. there is no way to go around to the right side at all). The berm on the right side of the fairway has been reinforced with 1000-pound stones to make a wall up to the pin position. i.e. It's a ~225ft. left-to-right drive, and then a putt up about 10ft. to the basket at the top of the berm, with a 30+ft. drop-off (into a ditch) right after the basket behind.

For blue level (950-rating average) players, this one averages a 2.8, with 40% birdies and 20% bogies. It's one of the must-get birdies on the course, but can also lead to 3-putts. :)

Oh, I throw a Zone LHBH on this one. ;)

Thanks for the insight, you should post up some new picks here if you have em.

225' I am probably going FH Serpent maybe Gila.

Longer tee/pin if it's there it's probably FH tyrant.

(Edit I see the green pic now. Good looking green)

A: Lucid Emac Truth

B: Lucid Escape

Here's a picture of what the short (A) pin position looks like:

49212668_1228625900620268_3192558592523763712_n.jpg

Thanks for this. HOD was sadly incomplete without a picture of the pin and wall.

Played Stew on my through last Friday. Put two big RHBH anny Invaders on the wall. Have to go HIGH AND WIDE with the way the trees have grown in.

Fun shot.