• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6/8/18 -Rockland Park in Front Royal, VA - #12

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Rockland Park, Front Royal, VA

Rating:3.60

10Reviews
88 Played
14 Favorited
25 Wishlisted

HOLE 12 Red 413ft, Blue 439ft

From reviews: sidewinder22 says "Hole 12 is one of my favorites, slightly downhill and straight 400'+ reachable par 4 although probably should be a par 3. The basket protected by trees and a big pit in front of the basket. "

Crooow wrote "Blair Witch is on #12...the fairway to basket #12 has two sets of trees about 2/3 of the way down. I threw my drive and watched it skirt by the first pair on the right and then split the second pair and skip ahead a bit farther. I walked down the worn path in the middle of the fairway and spent 10 minutes looking for my drive. I even checked the gully which is 400 feet from the tee (if you believe the tee sign) which is well outside my range. I was getting very frustrated as the undergrowth was not very heavy. Eventually I was going to abandon my disc but decided to walk back to the tee and reconnoiter. I walked back to the tee but couldn't see anywhere that my disc could have gone that I hadn't already checked. Walked down the dirt path again toward the basket and there was my bright red disc in the middle of the path about 20 feet short of the first pair of trees. If anything, the fairway slopes gently down so there's no way it would have rolled back up hill 40 feet. There's also no way I could have missed it on my first two trips down and up the fairway. Spooky. I was alone on the course."

Tee:
4ecfe805.jpg

Approach:
db01efcf.jpg

https://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&username=dgcr

looks like a disc is gunna take a beatin' here. going with a tantrum

This hole is more open than the picture of the tee suggests. Since I have no chance of driving the pin I throw a somewhat beat F5 just wanting to get past the initial set of trees.

If it's downhill enough, I'd love to throw a beat Star Teebird here. If not, PFN Champ Orc.

Probably hyzer-flip a Neutron Wave, keeping it low and playing for 3.

When I played here I think my disc landed halfway into the sinkhole, since I did not realize it was there.

TP Northman.
Then lay up with a GL Core
Hopefully a Shortish put with Omega SS

Buzzz off the tee, Buzzz/Wizard approach, hopefully Wizard putt for 3

Probably a Leopard off the tee, but I'd have to see the hole to make sure.

My home course strikes again. I wouldn't consider it downhill. It's the only hole on the course without elevation change excepting the sinkhole. Also a storm in 2015 took out quite a few trees. It's a shame. Before the storm it was one of the prettiest holes I've seen.

Short tee: plenty of options if you're playing for 3. Putter, mid, fairway, whatever. Just put it in the middle. If I'm trying to reach it I'll throw a Teebird, Thunderbird or wraith

Long tee: backhand roller. I'm currently using a g* Sidewinder for it. I've also thrown a semi used dx Teebird.

Maybe an ESP Surge RHBH. It does great for me on slight downhill tunnels, and glides for days with a good nose down release. Problem is, it still fades and I could end up in some rough on the left. If I was feeling a bit more conservative, a Teebird is my choice to get some decent D but be in the fairway or on the edge for sure.

Latest posts