• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/23/2019: Mason County Park – Goliath Hole 16 in Ludington, MI

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.08 from 12 reviews

Hole 16
Par 3
430 ft.

Tee:
929607e2.jpg

Course Map

I can't see anything so I'm just going to mash a D3 up and out.

Big z Crank on a rhbh. I'm guessing the hole finishes to the left. Then a zone or Sol upshot then a focus to finish.

Saint to start, upshot looks uphill so Buzzz SS, then a makeable putt hopefully.

looks a good deal left... rhbh hyzer rival

A Buzzz, because I just want to go easy, play connect the dots and keep it in the fairway... and mostly cuz I has plenty of backups in case I loses it. :eek:

*cue soft focus for memory sequence*

One hot, humid July day four years ago, Goliath ate me alive and spit me out like undigestible refuse. Didn't lose any discs, but damned if I didn't try. Felt like I found every bit of rough that course had.

*sequence shows disc buried in seemingly impenetrable rough, with a puzzled Bogey scratching his head wondering, "How the hell did it end up this deep?" :confused*

Normally, I can still enjoy courses that are above my skill level. Maybe I was just hot, sticky, tired, and as a result, particularly inaccurate ...but Goliath is one of the few courses I specifically didn't find very enjoyable because I simply don't have the game for it.

Don't get me wrong - it's a helluva course, but unforgiving of worn out noodle-arms that struggle to past the trouble out to where the fairway opens up a bit.

Last edited:
i dont even know what im looking at

rhbh fizz volt to keep it in where ever the fairway is

Everyone's saying left, but the course map is showing a big right dogleg to this hole. Based on the course map I am going Stalker RHBH off the tee to keep it in the fairway, then probably a Caiman or Firebird RHFH approach.

Looks too tight to try and bomb something out there, without getting into trouble.

Oh god. Goliath. Aptly named course. This place is a BEAST! I made the mistake of playing Goliath right after playing Flip City (only about 20 minutes apart) I cannot caution enough not to play both in the same day. You'll regret life. :D

I just go went a mid here to keep it centered. It ends quite a bit to the right if I remember correctly and is way uphill.

CGC-MD3

Air Trespass if it is indeed up and to the right.

Latest posts