• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/27/2018: Village of Pinehurst DGC Hole 2 in Pinehurst, NC

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.71 from 21 reviews

Hole 2
Par 3
White Tee: 240 ft.
Blue Tee: 300 ft.

Tee Sign:
a016ecbd.jpg

Long Tee:
e2947513.jpg

Approach:
41fc1e02.jpg

Basket to Tee:
79f4c594.jpg

Course Map

Short: Roc3
Long: Plasma Volt

Short DX Shark
Long DX Teebird

Short: FAF Firebird flat and hard
Long: Teebird through the small gap on the left. Probably need a slight hyzer

Short: CGC-MD3
Long: Likely try to sneak a Sexybird through the gap just inside that tree on the left. If I'm not feeling that confident, Gator up.

I love this hole. That little tree on the left really pinches in the fairway from the long tee. The purest route is probably a RHFH hyzerflip into a gentle turnover. Some fading back is alright b/c it takes you away from that last wall of guardian trees so a FH flex with a decently stable disc plays well too. The right side of the rough by the basket isn't as thick either so that's the side of the fairway you want to err on. I either deuced it or chained out the last time I was there, just a really well set up par 3.

Long: CPD flick
Short: Envy

^okay, you talked me into RHFH turnover neutron Amp

I played there earlier this year. From the shorts on 2, an Opto Saint Pro that a friend of mine had driven two hours to gift me with. It was a dark green one, with a foil stamp, just beautiful.
Let it go a little early, but the drive made it through the trees on the left edge. Should have had an easy up or putt from there. I don't remember, because we spent 20 minutes looking for the thing with no luck. Got sucked into one of those swirling vortexes* of leaves, I reckon. I was so heart-sick that I stopped caring for at least two or three holes...

Short answer: Now I have no idea what I'd throw there. :\

*Tried to use "vorteces." Redlined like a mug. Huh.

Edit: The more I look at the photos, the more I think it must have been the longs. I don't see myself using a Saint for a 240' left-turn. And that "pinch" mentioned earlier is where I believe I squeaked through...

Last edited: