• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/21/2018: Orange Crush Hole 4 in Fairmont, WV

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.15 from 23 reviews

Hole 4
White Tee / Blue Tee
Pin A: 188 ft. Par 3 / 263 ft. Par 4
Pin B: 266 ft. Par 3 / 329 ft. Par 4
Plays over a valley.

Tee:
9b6ff073.jpg

Approach:
8fc251e2.jpg

Basket:
ccba420a.jpg

Course Map

Step one is stop and pray for a bit. I don't see a true line anywhere.

White to A: Pure straight at it.
Blue to A: Leopard, hoping to slip through the trees
White to B: Teebird
Blue to B: Thunderbird

Looks like there is a bit of a hyzer line for rhbh, so I would toss an aviar3 at both of em to chew off a couple of feet.

RHBH Focus (short), Comets (middles), Sting (long) for all positions. Looks fun :thmbup:

This course kicked my butt when I played it, and I loved every minute of it. Not sure what I threw here, but I'm pretty sure I hit a tree.

A Short: Zone flick
The Rest: PD flick

Nova and Comet for the shortest three. Underworld for the longest to start.

Uhhhh... Whoever designed this is a dick. LOL

P2/MD3 wherever I'm going. Can't risk any sort of driver kicking into no-man's-land.

looks legit i love some woods frolfin

rhbh plaz ion for shorts

rhbh plaz volt for longs

Roc3 for all. Beat McGlow for the rightmost pin. G* for left. Taking the gap to the left of that first (right) tree. Right of center tree. Out to right. Playing over wash. Hopefully flying long enough to fade and slide towards baskets.

something that needs broken in, or can take a few tree hits...

short: rhbh ibex
long: rhbh champ firebird

I love this course (especially from long tees) and it's my new home course though it ain't the closest to home...

The line isn't nearly as bad as it looks, since the picture is taken to include the tee and both baskets. The first shot from long is a steep uphill RHBH hyzer type shot. I typically go Neutron Relay hyzer, but can often get better results with a Buzzz or Comet hyzer. After getting higher up the hill, both baskets are about the same elevation, but with one 60-70' farther.

From short, it's much simpler with a much gentler uphill (but still up). I throw a Buzzz forehand hyzer to short, and forehand something like a Teebird or Undertaker to long.

Fun course, and tough to score low.

Short tee might be a valley. Long tee is a massive uphill. There is a legit fairway, the images from the amateur photographer aren't from the long tee itself. This is one of my favorite holes. That ravine is no joke though if you end up in it.

Long tee Blizz Boss, Banger GT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnYVystRBYA&t=1m35s

This is a super-fun course.

I probably threw a Wave, flex to the right and fade back a bit for an easy 3.

Severely uphill.

Latest posts