• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/25/2016: Wakanda Park Hole 12 in Menomonie, WI

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.13 from 20 reviews.

Hole 12
Par 4
480 ft.

Tee:
1153b79e.jpg

Basket:
271e80fc.jpg

Course Map

RHBH Blizzard Krait off the tee, then TL or Verdict upshot on a RHFH to keep away from the water, putt for 3 with my Spike

My original home course!

The only play is to throw a driver that you know will finish right. Even if you technically have the arm to get there the green is very protected so it's not worth attacking anyway. Second shot may or may not have a clean gap thru the guardian trees, in which case its a simple soft spike hyzer or overhead approach shot.

I dunno. When I played it, it was pretty wide open and I just pulled an Orc hard and let it finish on a natural fade. Also, the water is pretty shallow and clear (or was when I was there).

the guy looks like he'd make a good doubles partner for Nate Sexton in the next battle of the eras!

My original home course!

The only play is to throw a driver that you know will finish right. Even if you technically have the arm to get there the green is very protected so it's not worth attacking anyway.

:hfive:

I like the low-risk FH, probably a stable wraith (or OS if headwind).

If you're lucky enough to play when the lake is frozen but NOT snowy, the fun option is a multi-skip RHFH hyzer on the ice. That's the only time I ever parked this one :eek:

Tern. It usually finishes to the right.

If you're lucky enough to play when the lake is frozen but NOT snowy, the fun option is a multi-skip RHFH hyzer on the ice. That's the only time I ever parked this one :eek:

Winter is def my favorite time to play this hole

What a gimmick of a hole. I mean how close is that basket to the water? I'd just throw an Bulldog 40 times in protest of this pin location. I bet you Menomineeans let Paul take a provisional too...:mad:

River as long and straight as I can manage
upshot with an Envy but probably get in my own head about the water and leave that way short then 3-putt for a 5