• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/27/2020: Springwood Players' Course Hole #15 Burlington, NC

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Springwood Players' Course in Burlington, NC

Gold 460 ft.
White 410 ft.

"H15: Welcome to the only piece of park property beyond the soccer fields ideal for a hole. It's a shame that you have to make terrible filler holes to get to it. Blue tee is an awkwardly angled dogleg left without a well defined fairway through a patch of nice woods. White tee is, care to guess? STRAIGHT! But much better. Then it gets open for a bit and then you have parking lot on the left, pasture on the right and some short, ornamental trees between you and the basket. Risk OB or throw rollers under the low ceiling of these short, pesky trees. I would love to see holes 14 and 15 combined into one good hole. Move 15's basket shorter and just inside the start of the tiny trees and put the tees where drives are much less likely to go into the soccer field, good drives landing smartly inside some natural tunnels through the woods. It would play open>wooded>open and might even be a strategic par 4. Probably won't happen b/c Mike Avillion ably demonstrated his inability to hit a gap through unaltered woods at dusk during a walk-through."

"#15- the long tee here is at a odd angle which doesnt really spice it up but I guess it nice. I feel like where these tees are the basket for 14 should be and bump these tees to the edge of the trees because there really isnt a great line to the basket. With Parking lot OB on the left and the fence on the right. I feel like this would play better with playing from the edge of the woods."

Gold Tee
92d5f3c8.jpg

Blue Tee
8d71b919.jpg

Approach
8952d86a.jpg

Hah, I just played this course yesterday! I think it's in much better shape than the photos and past reviews may indicate, but I also have a soft spot for this course. I probably owe it a review.

Long tee - RHBH Undertaker on lots of hyzer. Forehand roller is also a popular play.
Short tee - haven't played it in awhile, probably a RHBH DX Roc hyzer-flip, playing for a 3.

Last edited:
Looks like a Leopard (RHBH) off the short tee for me. There doesn't appear to be any route to the basket from the long tee! lol

Flick FLICK on steep low anny line around the big tree in the foreground, with the intention of ending somewhere in front of the white tee, followed by a tesla, although from the white tees, I'm thinking to blast a crank... right into that tree in the middle :(

Star Wraith from the long
Pro Wraith from the short.

Looks like a Leopard (RHBH) off the short tee for me. There doesn't appear to be any route to the basket from the long tee! lol

There's not one much beyond a layup onto the lane used by the short tee. A skippy hyzer has a chance of getting past the woods.

The best way I've found to birdie the longs is FH roller into the fence, hopefully just past the woods, then throw a hyzer over the OB on the right for the birdie look.

The whole right side of this hole is going to be a neighborhood. It's one thing to hop a fence into a pasture for your lost disc but someone's yard is completely another. It will become as unplayable as 12-14 are. The whole stretch of holes 11-17 are just not worth it to me, the paved walking trail that runs down the middle of ALL OF THEM is very busy.

Latest posts