• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/12/2011 - Prompton State Park

Nice. A throw over a road/walking path. Looks safe to me!

RHBH a Teebird between the right two trees and fade left. Wizard to finish it up.

champ glow leopard out over top of the short tree on the right to avoid an oops fade into the woods. might get lucky and fade just right for a birdie, but i'll go out right and play it safe.

roadrunner for both then buzz or wizard depending on where i am and which basket im going for

SPD or Force, depending on the wind and where the baskets are in relation to the trees. I'm on my phone and having a hard time seeing exactly where they are.

i'll give some background on the hole. the roads aren't a safety hazard at all. they are unused or restricted from everyday use as i've never seen any traffic on it. you could also see any vehicle approaching very easily. the hole plays more downhill than the picture suggests. when driving you feel elevated. the wind is usually from a 3, 4, or 5 o'clock direction--if my memory is correct.

the hole is more interesting than it looks. i like the short position better. there is a drop off to the left of the hole that sucks shots down. if you are shooting directly to the pin (rhbh), you'd better land that sucker flat, no fade or you will be down the gully in the woods, possibly in a casual run-off stream. it can be jail as there are many, many small trees and a low ceiling out. i prefer the hyzer spike with a stable mid-range or a driver, but again the risk of the trouble to the left and the possibility of leaving it short right and having that downhill putt that can easily roll away. also, i've seen good players play it too tightly and catch the tree on the right (the picture makes it seem like there is noooo, way you could hit that tree).

in the long position you want to penetrate the treeline and cross your fingers. kind of a plinko shot. you can still get in trouble with a good shot as the trees are many and give you skinny lanes to the pin. the pin is on a steep hill as well.

all in all this is a cool hole that often gets overlooked on this course.

Maybe a leopard on the anny backhand, then buzzz for the long, happy putt.

Hoe do you get that throwing style thing into the top bar?

Champ Beast, rhbh on a flex shot high to get some distance and have it come back a bit to get close to the basket.

short teebird, long destroyer RHBH