• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/22/11

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Comanche Trail - Odessa, TX
2.81 Rating
Hole #3
371 ft
no par listed

Map:
e15f5d95.jpg

Pic of basket:
9e7c3156.jpg

Thats all we got.

I guess it looks open according to the map, if I trust that. Not that I have a choice.

Pro Vulcan to see if I can't get to a reasonable jump-putt or approach distance.

My nice sexy straight-flying PD, out to the right, fading perfectly into the right side of circle leaving me with a short birdie putt...

I play this course every week. It doesn't look this way now. The drought has resulted in a lot less vegetation.

To the left is a row of trees. Behind the trees is a draw where cat tails grow and the mud is beyond funky. Wide open and uphill to the right. The tree to the right of the basket is in the way of right hand approach shots.

Since I can't throw it 371 feet, I throw a JLS right at the basket and approach with a Ridge. It's an easy 3 if you keep it out of the draw.

This is probably the least interesting hole on the course.

Last edited:
Nuke RHFH right at it. On a good pull I can get it to about 350 for a putt at the 2.

I forgot to mention... this is west Texas. It's almost always windy. This hole plays into the wind all summer.

I'm so gonna throw a roller, unless the wind direction says no rollers today. Then, I'd just go for the 3.

RHBH DX Teebird.. prob finish off with the aviar from there.. me and my noodle arm will be playing for 3 :)

id pump my archon out hard try and get up at it for a putt for two. if i outside 70 feet ill come up with a roc, and probably hit the top of the basket, and then drop in with a warlock.

If it is open I am throwing the Katana on a FH flex shot for a chance at a 2. If not open River or Gazelle then wizard to finish.

i would be throwing my 171 opto striker aiming at the outside right of that tree and let the natural fade take me right in for a 30-50 foot putt!

considering face wind, i would hyzer flip my echo xcal, and putt for 2