• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hodgenville course trial layout

ejank

post me your thoughts guys.

es6ijc.jpg

yeah its in ky, so what do you think of the lay out. does it seem to be a fair course

Private or Public

This is a great location for a course. Hodgenville needs a DGC. Will this be a public course or a private pay to play course? Also, could you label the fairways with approximate distances on your course map?

yea this is just a rough est. and it is a pay to play course 5 dollars to play all day. the course is in the works there are no baskets in but i am working with the owner to try and get this done

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "course" yet. It has flow problems and safety issues.

well it was like i said, this is a trial layout its really just to show the type of shots available on the land. i am going to get a pro to help me develop this course but we don't have the money to pay big bucks for a pro designer.

Crossing fairways are usually a pretty big issue, especially for safety. Those two tees are pretty close to in the line of fire on those crossing holes. I also like to see more holes in the trees and less open bomb type shots.

Crossing fairways are usually a pretty big issue, especially for safety. Those two tees are pretty close to in the line of fire on those crossing holes. I also like to see more holes in the trees and less open bomb type shots.

X2, well said mashnut.

There seems to be plenty of room there where the 2 crossing fairways are laid out, possibly move the tee box farther to the right near where the "ft" in 800ft is or the "5" in par 5. Just a thought.

Otherwise, looks like a great start.

Personally I love heavily wooded courses and seems that more serious players would agree with me. I think that more of the holes could be in the woods and would increase the challenge and beauty. Open holes do have their place. What kind of crowd do you want at this place? If you want more beginners, then perhaps leave it as is and fix the crossing fairways. If not, put some more holes in the woods and still fix the crossing fairways if you can. These are just my general thoughts and without seeing the land or proposed layouts, it is difficult to get and accurate picture. Just keep listening to those who have opinions to share to help guide you in the making the course. Good luck.

well it was like i said, this is a trial layout its really just to show the type of shots available on the land. i am going to get a pro to help me develop this course but we don't have the money to pay big bucks for a pro designer.

You might be surprised at how little it would take to get a designer. (You might even be able to swing a deal for part of the future revenue.)

For the sake of the landowner and the future players, don't just assume you can't afford one. At least get some quotes to find out what it would really cost.

I like that you guys are building another course in KY. I have to echo mashnut's sentiment about croosing fairways and think tomahawk suggested a good fix, except the flow causes people to walk acrross the 800'ft par 5 fairway to get to the 900' fairway.
Here's my idea. Change the 800' hole to where it's a hyzer for a RHBH. and rework the next few holes to flow in a clockwise pattern to get back to the 900' fairway. Then put the 900' teepad where tomahawk said to put it. That would fix the safety issues. the nest thing to do would be to tweak the wide open fairways to bring the baskets closer to the next teepads and bring the trees more into play. It looks like a great start though.

Was cool playing with you, Troy and Matt at Muldraugh last week. You all are fun to play with and have great attitudes. Matt's wife is a pretty good golfer too. We need more women in the sport like her.

Latest posts