• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 5/14/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Roscoe Ewing Park in Medina, OH

Hole #5 254ft Par 3

Tee:

f8b5ed27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you pick the holes-of-the-day, Rhinesel?

So how do you pick the holes-of-the-day, Rhinesel?

I scour the country looking for the best holes that represent our sport. It takes a lot of time, money, and dedication. I usually rent an RV and travel for 2 months out of the year doing odd jobs that feed my plastic polymer addiction. Food is either an assortment and nuts and berries that grow alongside fairways or small woodland creatures that I can hit with my 11X Firebird tomahawk style. Sometimes it's a chipmunk, sometimes a squirrel. On rare occasions I can take down a turkey! That's difficult, the best way is to forehand my ESP Avenger super flat and simply decapitate it.

Then I wake up and click on the "Home" link at the top of the page. The hole of the day is found there. I go to that course and hole, get the info, and post it up. :p

Today's picture was a mailbox which made me scratch my head. But it was a pic by hole #1 where they keep the scorecards.

So you just use the hole from the "Course of the Day" photo? In other words you make the owner and moderators do all the work? Good idea. :)

So you just use the hole from the "Course of the Day" photo? In other words you make the owner and moderators do all the work? Good idea. :)

Well, I assume the Course of the Day picture is simply a random picture generated. I can't believe Tim is hand picking the picture every day.

In fact, I'll go one better. I didn't even make up the idea for the thread. We used to have "How would you play this hole" threads on occasion. Then that died out and Frank Delicious posted a "Hole of the Day" thread using the Course of the Day. I simply continued it. I work nights and am always on around midnight (unless there is some dire emergency) or it's my day off.

:thmbup: to Tim, :thmbup: to Frank.

:thmbup: all around. I'm working nights these days as well, in case you couldn't tell. :hfive:

Night crews rock. I see my boss 15 min a day with 98% less stupidity surrounding me.

Of course, my coworkers are a little crazy..... then again, I'm sure the think the same thing.

I'm the only person here from midnight until about 6:30-7am. So I get lonely. It would be worse without this forum to keep me awake when things are slow. :hfive:

Sadly, I changed the pic as the mailbox was a little silly.. so there is a new HotD now. I've edited the thread accordingly. Usually when there was a dumb photo that was picked I'd see it in the morning and have a new one picked. So if you see a really odd picture on the homepage (ie. a mailbox, a rock, a barn etc.), chances are I will change it in the morning so it's more disc golf related.

Last edited:
It's odd that the distance on the site is 254 but the number on the post is 237. Regardless, assuming that the basket is right down the middle, I'm thinking Z Buzzz.

It's odd that the distance on the site is 254 but the number on the post is 237. Regardless, assuming that the basket is right down the middle, I'm thinking Z Buzzz.

It probably used to be either of those distances, but to the left, not straight down. They moved the basket further to the left and I think the post is now marked as being 302' but cant remember for sure. (Been doing some shuffling the past year)

Its my home course, for the most part so; pic attached to try to show where the basket is.

Branches make for no clearance over head; you have about 10' in height to work with. Before moving it to the left; you would want to get up to the clear area dead ahead; then go left, but since they moved it further back, there is a narrow path you cant see here off to the left but it is a lot more narrow and riskier. Branches and the roots of all those trees make a roller very unpredictable.

I use a Pred usually, and go for that opening straight ahead and a skip toward the basket.

Attachments

• f8b5ed27.jpg
    f8b5ed27.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 23
It probably used to be either of those distances, but to the left, not straight down. They moved the basket further to the left and I think the post is now marked as being 302' but cant remember for sure. (Been doing some shuffling the past year)

Its my home course, for the most part so; pic attached to try to show where the basket is.

Branches make for no clearance over head; you have about 10' in height to work with. Before moving it to the left; you would want to get up to the clear area dead ahead; then go left, but since they moved it further back, there is a narrow path you cant see here off to the left but it is a lot more narrow and riskier. Branches and the roots of all those trees make a roller very unpredictable.

I use a Pred usually, and go for that opening straight ahead and a skip toward the basket.

That's why I remember it. Technohic posted this a while back.

That's why I remember it. Technohic posted this a while back.

Yep, it is a tough one for not being all that long; theres just a lot of trees to hit and risk vs reward. I am curious to see how people would play it.

Latest posts