• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole that has claimed the most disc from you

#16 at Cliff Stephens. 425 water carry with the path of the water in front of you the exact flight path of a RHBH throw. You pretty much have to throw 300+ over to the right to lay up and then throw back over the water on an anny to the pin. I have no idea how many I have lost on that hole but it has to be over 15. Throw too high, in the water...if it gets windy...probably in the water. Hit the bank on the wrong angle even laying up and it rolls in the water...amazing hole that I love and hate.

#7 at prado in chino ca. Long water carry with several trees on the waterline between you and the nasty lake. One dead leaf touches your disc and your not making it over. I mean a spider in one of these trees could fart when your disc is goin by and your not makin it. The same water comes into play on #6 as well but only if you shank it. I've got half a dozen discs in that water. I bet there's spots that, if you could walk on the bottom , you'd be walking on more plastic than mud. But its really really gross and fairly deeo.

HAH Fairborn Ohio. Hole 8. But it isn't just me. It claims many peoples discs. I once fell in trying to fish mine out, said screw it and just reached blindly down in the muck to grab mine and found 4 different discs in the same 2 sq/ft area as mine was in.

Creekside at Selah claimed three of my midranges in one round..That would also turn out to be my most expensive round of dic golf too. 100 bucks gone in a flash and I still really enjoyed the complex.

Holes 4, 5, 6 and 9 at Jericho Lake sure took a lot of my plastic over my first few years of playing.

I've lost five discs on Williamsburg hole 8. There's a creek running 1 to 5 feet deep crossing less than 20' in front of the basket, and a river all along the right side, with friendly trees to kick around your errant shots. :doh:

Same here, Hole 8 at the Burg has claimed 5 or 6 of my disc over the years. I now throw a dx whippet on this hole and have not lost one since.

Holes 14 and 18 at Pleasant View Disc Golf Course, and hole 16 at Old Post disc golf course. Both in Russellville, AR
I like hole 16, its a great hole

Mine is #3 at the treehouz. Not an especially hard hole, but if you get greedy or dont execute the water is in your future. Too high of a straight shot with any fade, likely in the pond. Dont throw a turnover that turns over, water. Turn over too much, lands on edge in the fairway thats slightly slanted, cut roll into the water. Come in too hot, skip into the water. Prolly thrown 25+ times i to the pond, lost 1/3-1/2

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=5830&p=5990b09c

Hole #18 at Shawshank -95% water 285ft Par 3 - Basket is elevated, with a steep ~20ft drop off behind, and there is a barbed wire fence about 40 ft passed the hole, beyond is OB. Most shots that come in high will be deflected in the water by the thick foliage and anything coming in hot has the potential to hit one of the many tree trunks in front of the basket and kick in the water.
71fb5099.jpg

414c60c7.jpg

23bf78bf.jpg

Last edited:
Hole 1 Maple Hill. Nothing like getting out of the car after an hour and a half drive to throw 350 over the pond.

I made it to the basket once at Hole 1, Centennial Park, Pearland and then proceeded to put about 10 -12 discs in trying to replicate it. The shot is a big Hyzer flip around the trees, carrying the water to the right.
4eeb34af_m.jpg

MCC - Old layout #17, New layout #3:

Old layout: 2 Star Valkyries and a Champ Teebird
New Layout: GL River.

#8 Castle Hayne, NC
Creek runs alongside the entire right side of the 770' double-dogleg hole.
The shot off the tee is a narrow, turning, tree-lined lane that goes uphill to the left.
Fairly easy hyzer for a righty, fairly difficult turnover for a lefty (me) who sucks at anhyzers.

Incredulous that no one has mentioned it yet.
I think it keeps the local PIAS in business with all the discs that get pulled out of there and re-sold.

Maple Hill #1. As someone mentioned, you get out of your car and have to throw a water carry right away. I never mind that much because you get all your discs back when they send the divers down. I've lost more discs than I can explain on #8 there as well. It's a straight 250' shot and somehow the water gets in your head and you're griplocking and turning over and screwing up the shot in every manner possible.

North Lake Park #9 (in Denton TX)

e99135c6.jpg

Hard to tell from this pic....but basically (from the long tee) you throw from the top of the levee (kind of on the right side of the pic, can just barely make out a sign) down to the basket, with a large pond/small lake fairly close in front and on the left. Wind is often a factor out here, too. This is probably the only hole that's eaten more than one of my disc...probably 2-3 if I remember correctly, plus a couple others I was able to recover. The water isn't extremely deep, but it's murky and the bottom is rocky/populated with mussels...plus there are signs telling people to keep out basically.

I haven't yet, but I plan to before Worlds this year so I'll have played all the courses. It is daunting, what with both length and lots of water. Maybe I should start saving up some beater DXs to sacrifice...:\

Just be sure to mark your normal discs and call it good. I took my dad and brother to Trojan (both new at the time). Between the three of us, we lost six discs without even finishing the course. Five were inked, I got calls on all five (at varying times as they were fished out), and three of them offered to pay to ship them to me. :thmbup:

And that wasn't a fluke either, I get a call on virtually every disc I lose in the Portland area. I get down there about twice a year to play and visit family.

hole 18 at Franklin Park plays over water and has claimed a bunch of my discs.

Not enough danger holes around here, so most of the disc eater holes I encounter are while traveling.

After thinking about it for some time, Winthrop Gold hole #5 is my biggest disc eater. I have left behind 5 or 6 discs in that lake.

ditto. You also can add #17 "Winthrop Gold" to the list.

Over the years, I have lost many discs in the water, deep rough and off steep cliffs. I tend to lose discs during tournaments when I don't have the time to retrieve them or when I play new courses by myself.

In all my years of playing, I don't recall losing more than one disc on the same hole: I like to spread it around. However, there are several courses that have claimed more than one disc.

Winthrop Gold DGC, Rock Hill, SC 6 & 18. (And very close on 5 and 17)
La Mirada, CA Lakeside DGC 1, 13 & 17
Prado DGC, Chino Hills, CA 4, 7 & 8
Delaveaga DGC, Santa Cruz, CA 8A, 21 and 26A? (placement along ridge)
Fountain Hills DGC, AZ Hole numbers have changed, but the fountain has claimed more than one disc.
Nasu Highlands, Japan. Temp Courses. Just like Delaveaga, there are steep cliffs and deep canyons off several fairways. If you throw a disc over the edge into the deep rough, you just have to hope some other adventurous soul will find your disc down there and bring it back up.