• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holiday Disc Rounds

Congrats on not getting robbed. I assume.

Lulz. I can see why you'd say that. Not exactly a neighborhood one aspires to. No issues. The entire area seemed quite asleep early Xmas Eve.

Lulz. I can see why you'd say that. Not exactly a neighborhood one aspires to. No issues. The entire area seemed quite asleep early Xmas Eve.

Did you have to throw over any of our transient population?

I've played there 3 times and my truck was broken into twice. So I don't feel like I can afford to keep it in my rotation.

I will say this. The people that love that course LOVE that course. The only thing more dangerous than playing at Morningside is telling area disc golfers that you don't feel Morningside is safe.

I've played there 3 times and my truck was broken into twice. So I don't feel like I can afford to keep it in my rotation.

I will say this. The people that love that course LOVE that course. The only thing more dangerous than playing at Morningside is telling area disc golfers that you don't feel Morningside is safe.

I played Morningside in late October, showed up early morning and it didn't look like a good idea. So I came back after playing the other 5 courses in town and it seemed a little safer.

Until I crossed over to the backside, 4 KNX cops parked on the street there. I asked them if everything was OK and they said fine. As I'm walking away, one of the cops said, "Be careful out there." (Hills Street Blues style.) I told them, now you've got me worried!

Only saw one other player on the course, and no locals. Turns out the cops were there because of a semi-trailer parked on the street. By the time I finished the backside, they had a semi-Wrecker there to haul it off. It probably had been stolen and dropped there.

I liked Morningside, except for the broken tee signs and the number of times you throw over the walking path! On the good side, my truck wasn't broken into!! :hfive:

Temps in the 60's, so I played. Played a course that I typically don't play, misread the wind, and lost my Z Wasp that I've bagged for 2+ years, so that sucks.

I always think holidays will be these perfect course to yourself days and then I get there and it is 50 dudes having their 2,4,6 and 8 year olds play a 7,000 foot layout.

Today, when I took my 7 year old out, it was him shooting well and me losing discs in the water. It was awesome to get out with him. I am excited to say that he nailed his longest putt on record today. He was 32' out and drilled it into the chains. Best part was there was a party going at someone's apartment overlooking the course and they all started clapping for him. Super cool experience and put a big goofy smile on his face. He is getting better with each and every round we play.

I am excited to see him laughing the whole time we play since he just started in July of this year.

I noticed a LOT of safety issues (i.e. serious potential for walking paths and other park goers to become part of your game). That's absolutely abhor course that bring others I to play repeatedly.

But like I said, at 8am Xmas Eve, there wasn't anyone there. During the 90 min it took me to finish my round, I came across one single person walking up the path near #9. I found the disc play itself really enjoyable (but ONLY because I had the entire park to myself).

Really fun park style course with wonderful use of elevation and dual pins :)
some crazy nav and flow issues :confused:
Tees signs are shot. :mad:
..and God knows how much interplay with non-players ...on a weekend with nice weather, and a busy park, I imagine it's a freakin' nightmare. :(

Jackson was a lot of fun, as was Shoally Creek.
Nothing to go nuts over, but solid courses.

Last edited:
Played a round with Mrs.wolf today. Shoulder held up fine. A little rusty and my putting was trash as usual. But man was the course a mess after that strange December tornado weather we had a few weeks ago. A number of trees/halves of trees downed and crapload of pine branches down on a 3 hole section with all pines. Nothing that will actually affect play in the future, but there'll be a lot of clean up needed. Might check out my other local, more heavily wooded local course tomorrow. Fingers crossed :\

My daughter told me that this was the first year she could ever remember where they didn't get me any golf discs for Christmas. I didn't buy them any, either. It might be the first disc golf-less Christmas we have had in a long time.

We might get a round in that day, though. It's supposed to be warm. We threw today, we are throwing tomorrow, and we are making a short road trip next week to hit a few courses. So we will play plenty of golf.
Quoting myself because I lied; Infinite had a "four Alpacas and a small bag" thing months ago we got for my daughter. When she opened it I was like "what the Hell are those?" So much for having a memory.

Played Christmas Eve and today, not my cleanest rounds but played with friends and the weather was great.

I played doubles at Okeeheelee Park just outside of West Palm. Almost 80 degrees, sunny, light wind. My team didn't shoot bad, but the other on our card shot -13 and one bagged a sweet putter ace. All in all, not a bad day.

After bailing on my round due 3 of the last 4 days due to massive crowds and backups, I finally managed to get some open holes in front of me today. Until I got to hole 17 and discovered that, in a 120 acre park, people had chosen to set up a spikeball game about 75 feet from the basket.

Latest posts