• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home course saga thread

Attachments

• 66974E0E-1E2A-493D-857E-7B417A2D6E33.jpg
    66974E0E-1E2A-493D-857E-7B417A2D6E33.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 6994C822-02B7-4F5F-BB06-B57DEB52C4D3.jpg
    6994C822-02B7-4F5F-BB06-B57DEB52C4D3.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 19
  • EEB75AE8-B3FF-4F15-AAE1-6F015CFADC40.jpg
    EEB75AE8-B3FF-4F15-AAE1-6F015CFADC40.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 15
so cool!

that elevation is really pronounced. i would empty the whole "bag" of three putters on holes 3 and 9

so cool!

that elevation is really pronounced. i would empty the whole "bag" of three putters on holes 3 and 9

Now that it's real and we can do fun nerd things, what 3 discs would you bring? :D

For me right now it's generally been:

Gummy Champ Birdie
Armor Scale
Star Aero

The Birdie is pretty much interchangeable with my chalk Serpents though, and I have a hard time deciding sometimes.

Mirage, Bullfrog and Rhyno.

I really dig your property! What a cool place to hang out.

Thank you! I have plans for a fire pit out back sort of near 3/9's basket and I'm already laying the groundwork for a Sunday Pot Luck League. Really looking forward to having some fun up here!

Now that it's real and we can do fun nerd things, what 3 discs would you bring? :D

putting wizard
driving wizard
XD

eraser wizards have taken over my bag. i still keep an XD in there for really flippy shots and a moonshine harp for hard hyzers.

Been playing quite a bit- when it's not snowing with hurricane winds, that is. I keep messing with different layouts, orders and such and it's been fun to think about. The wife wanted me to move a basket so she can 'do ace runs off the deck while we grill" God, I love that woman haha.

Also had my neighbor over *gasp* for the first ever socially distant round- he didn't touch anything but his discs, picked up gimme putts and we stayed probably 15-20' away from each other the whole time... It was really nice. He owns a landscaping company so was instantly set ablaze by the desire to make a course at his house too- he's three doors down so that could get interesting!

Attachments

• 18C8D77B-AED3-46DF-9E34-C67678D4EB6B.jpg
    18C8D77B-AED3-46DF-9E34-C67678D4EB6B.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 34
Been playing quite a bit- when it's not snowing with hurricane winds, that is. I keep messing with different layouts, orders and such and it's been fun to think about. The wife wanted me to move a basket so she can 'do ace runs off the deck while we grill" God, I love that woman haha.

Also had my neighbor over *gasp* for the first ever socially distant round- he didn't touch anything but his discs, picked up gimme putts and we stayed probably 15-20' away from each other the whole time... It was really nice. He owns a landscaping company so was instantly set ablaze by the desire to make a course at his house too- he's three doors down so that could get interesting!

Amazing you are that close to another person who is that into Disc Golf.

For me right now it's generally been:

Gummy Champ Birdie
Armor Scale
Star Aero

The Birdie is pretty much interchangeable with my chalk Serpents though, and I have a hard time deciding sometimes.

Shark 3 Champion ~175 grams, Star Shark ~175 grams, then my Proline Titanic 173-174 grams,with the longer putter of the two that is just a hair more broken in then the shorter putter only that way due to how tough Proline plastic is.

The Shark 3 is for the tight woods hole as that disc is a tad straighter then the Shark overal and the Shark in Star is more for a driving putter slot, approach, and wind putting disc that I would be using every hole I can off the tee, then obviously I need a putter.

Shark 3 Champion ~175 grams, Star Shark ~175 grams, then my Proline Titanic 173-174 grams

nope!

Basic rules:

Hitting the house = 1 penalty stroke
Hitting a car = 1 penalty stroke

No disc over a 3 speed allowed
Players may bring no more than 3 discs

PRIVATE- INVITE ONLY! No exceptions!

sounds like you're throwing 2 titanics and something else?

nope!

sounds like you're throwing 2 titanics (me:NO) and something else?

Then a Titanic and my 166 #2 Upshot in Prostyle for uphill/downhill putts, I am not using 2 Titanic's. I do not know the speeds of Lighting discs, unfortunately they are not labeled with speeds but this is a XD/Colt type putter with big bead so it fits. Also get and use a Lighting Rubber putter at 174-175 for Long long putts, also a Areo/Dart style putter so it fits the criteria. :|

I would bring all my discs for other long courses in the area if there are any.

Last edited:
dangerous assumptions! never accuse a man from South Dakota of throwing two titanics

Latest posts