• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Made Basket.

WIpilot

Par Member
This is my home made 20 (Will be 24 soon) chain basket. it is all most complete but i still have to connect the top chain holder and basket to the pole via bolts and i need more s hooks to replace the vip ties im using right now to hold the chains. i think im going to sand blast it than paint it some time in the future but not right now. i posted it right now because i got the chains in and it can catch discs now. Well tell me what you think.

2449933521_a0cb2f5ae8_b.jpg

see the nice pliers holding up the top chain holder part. :wink:
2449932819_fc05e5498e_b.jpg

2450760578_b3ab2f7d70_b.jpg

2450759792_23507928dc_b.jpg

It catches discs and thats what its made to do. :D
2450761404_612e1f02c6_b.jpg

2449936743_fb4ae8be67_b.jpg

Very nice, you might consider welding on some nubs they make an amazing difference in catching ability.

Shaolintrained said:
It looks pretty nice, how heavy is it and is it easy, if at all possible, to disassemble?

Its pretty heavy but i haven't weighed it yet so i don't know exactly how heavy When i put the bolts thou the top and basket part then you can take the top and basket off and have just the pole.

Shaolintrained said:
It looks like the exact design that my dad did with his. Pretty heavy, but relatively portable. Congratulations on your design. I hope it helps your putting.

ya ill be working on my putting more frequently now on because my putting has been getting a little rusty. the basket is fairly portable for it being all steel and all.

Micah said:
Very nice, you might consider welding on some nubs they make an amazing difference in catching ability.

Nubs? As in on the top of the lower basket section? If so how do they help catch?

scoot_er said:
Micah said:

Nubs? As in on the top of the lower basket section? If so how do they help catch?
Yes, those. They keep discs from popping out when they spin around the rim.

Micah said:

I might consider puting them on but right now i need to concentrate on getting the top and baskets on nice and secure.

Eric O said:
scoot_er said:
Micah said:

Yes, those. They keep discs from popping out when they spin around the rim.

I think they nubs are called Headricks if I haven't misunderstood. For me they've caught the rear rim of my disc and lifted the otherwise inside the basket putt out of the basket by turning the disc to the side and raising along the side of the basket and over the other Headricks at the side out of the basket so for me they don't work as advertised quite the opposite :twisted: Being a laser line putter I wanna putt as low as possible so that the disc doesn't fly too far at the distances I'm unsure of whether a killer blow by by a true laser or a mild apex putt is in order. The low nub hitting putts that catch the rear of the disc happen with apex putts.

looks pretty sweet, did you do all the welding yourself?

how long did it take to construct?

If anyone wants to putt on a deceiving, nubless basket get a DGA M-14, though I do like it, I've seen good putts hit the side and go all the way around the basket and out like on a basketball hoop, I've also seen putt's rim off the side and go 20 feet+ away, when they would have landed 5 or 10 feet away, so I'm all for those Headricks

fightfan said:
looks pretty sweet, did you do all the welding yourself?

how long did it take to construct?

Yes i did do the welding my self. it took about two days and a half to construct it.

I saw this on another thread and I thought it was pretty cool. It looks like the top was made from a bicycle rim:

basket.jpg

Latest posts