• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

homemade disc baskets

I had all the stuff I thought I needed in a cart at Home Depot and when it rang up to $90 I decided to buy an in-step.

Without having a lot of it (especially the chain ~$40) at home already I would really recommend going the in-step route.

Building a disc basket was one of the best experiences that I've had - It was a challenge and was extremely gratifying once completed. If you are looking for instant gratification, go the instep route. If you want a cool project, take it on, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

It's true that chains alone will run you $50 and up - but I've heard that you can go to places like the Goodwill store (restore) and get good quality chain for pennies on the dollar. You can also substitute aluminum conduit for galvanized pipe. Going this route I can build a Discatcher Pro quality target for $100 - $150.

If you are interested I could provide you a list of materials, some pictures and links. Shoot me a message and I will hook you up.

After building my basket I realized how fun it was. I would only recommend building a basket if you already had an idea in mind. It is not easy or cheaper. Just depends on what you would want to do.

I made my basket I got the chains for free so it only cost me around $45. :D
It took about a good 5 hours spread out between two days, but it was fun Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• DSCN0696.jpg
    DSCN0696.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts