• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Disc Golf Target

JackAce

Bogey Member
A buddy of mine made this basket last week. I think it's pretty badass.

DiscBasket.jpg

All PVC pipe. It's hard to see, but there are 12 steel chains and 6 plastic chains.
The basket is pieces of plastic safety fence netting ziptied to the pvc.
plastic-netting-1.gif

The pipe through the middle is hollow all the way through. He is going to put a 3 foot pole into the ground and just slife the basket over top so he can put it up out of the weather. He also as mutiple pvc pieces attachments to make it taller as needed.

-Adam

That is pretty slick, doesn't look like it meets standards, but anything is better than nothing. Did you see the PVC baskets posted in another thread? I think it was "Strange looking baskets," or something similar. They are some sweet PVC baskets.

yeah I think it's just a round piece of plywood supporting that part. As for the standards, as far as I know (which could be wrong) he is very very close. I think he used this and the PDGA TechStandards.
basketdimen.gif

A buddy of mine made this basket last week. I think it's pretty badass.

DiscBasket.jpg

All PVC pipe. It's hard to see, but there are 12 steel chains and 6 plastic chains.
The basket is pieces of plastic safety fence netting ziptied to the pvc.
plastic-netting-1.gif

The pipe through the middle is hollow all the way through. He is going to put a 3 foot pole into the ground and just slife the basket over top so he can put it up out of the weather. He also as mutiple pvc pieces attachments to make it taller as needed.

-Adam

That is sick, i want one. You think you can list the parts of PVC pipe he used? i cant tell how big they are. I would love to have one to practice at my house, but dont wanna spend 100 bucks for a crappy portable hole.

The top part is the best. Looks great.

Did you use that pvc glue and stick it together or screw?

I know a guy that makes baskets to exact specifications. Always wanted to try it but I'm always too busy disc golfing. Someday when I have a garage I'm gonna bust baskets out all night long.

I would love to make one like this. Anything that you can aim at that is similar to a real basket is never a bad thing to have.

I know a guy that makes baskets to exact specifications. Always wanted to try it but I'm always too busy disc golfing. Someday when I have a garage I'm gonna bust baskets out all night long.

I would love to make one like this. Anything that you can aim at that is similar to a real basket is never a bad thing to have.

how much does he charge?

I think the real test will be if it holds up. I am looking into making a basket myself, but I hesitate to use plastic because of the durability.

I think he's got about $80.00 in it. The metal chains are the biggest percentage of that $80.00. He used the pvc piped glue of some of the section, but I think for the biggest part he used an adhesive with a slower set time. The pvc glue sets very very fast.
The durability shouldn't be an issue, because he is going to take it inside out of the weather. It's just going to slide it over a pole that's permanently in the ground.

-Adam

thats sweet, ive been wanting to make an all pvc basket but figured id have to make the top out of a plywood which i didnt want to do.

looks like on the bottom you could get rid of the fencing and drills holes in the pipes and put in smaller pipes to close it off.

I wondered about a plywood top too and then I was in my shed and noticed a leftover plastic trash can lid from a barrel that had long broke. Simply attach the lid over the plywood and it will protect it from the elements.

I started purchasing the parts for my basket today. The basket itself will be made from a 24 in water heater pan with black garden edging (extra from home) to raise the sides to 6 inches.

80$$ 20 more and you can get a real one!!!!!!

Nice job!!!! Though!! As stated before !! Something is better than nothing!!!

he's not afraid of hitting the PVC too hard and cracking it? Or is it just for putting?

Sorry to sound like Debby Downer, I am just curious as to how I should make my own and this looks like a solid option, I just have my doubts.

Just for putting. I think he just does placement throws across the backyard toward objects, not the basket.

Latest posts