• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Targets other than Baskets

MANN-JITSU

Ive been thinking about other targets that could be made besides baskets. Ive posted a similar thread before talking about the tone poles we have been using at a small course me and some buddies are building.. i have a crazy idea and will start to build in the next couple days if anyone else has some cool ideas i would like to see them:)

i will post the schematics of ours a little later

I buy old Projector screens from thrift shops for targets.
Or screw buckets to old Camera Tripods.

for a nice target do to the Darnestown Racquetball course pics.

I know you said other than baskets, but maybe this thread can give you ideas for baskets
Unique / Homemade baskets

see post 12 for a picture of the bucket target I was refering to.

I have a 24 hole target course. I have 8" pvc attached to rebar that is drove into te ground and buckets hanging from tree branches. I have just a few bucks in the whole course.

How about a fishing net atached to a stand or pole? a redneck version of these:
PE_1251708_A_L.jpg

I buy old Projector screens from thrift shops for targets.
Or screw buckets to old Camera Tripods.

for a nice target do to the Darnestown Racquetball course pics.

I know you said other than baskets, but maybe this thread can give you ideas for baskets
Unique / Homemade baskets

see post 12 for a picture of the bucket target I was refering to.

Do you project a target on to the screen,that would be cool.

AH HA!! just found this and its basically what i was thinking of, you could make one really easy, pole+fishing net+duct tape= stick into ground and enjoy.

sgame.jpg

I used old lawn chairs before I got my portables.

"You might be a redneck..."

TONE-POLES. get a wooded stake (round 2" thick) or metal pole (2" thick)... then sleeve a 4" or 5" metal air conditioning duct or hollow pipe or ponykeg over the top of the wood/metal upright. Drill a hole through and bolt so it will swing when hit and make a metalic "tone".

That sounds more complicated than it is.... here's a pic.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_moore/3806911274/
DSCJNKY

Really anything can be a target. While throwing at random fields I have used Street Signs, Light Poles, etc... If nothing else, find a tree. :)

Really anything can be a target. While throwing at random fields I have used Street Signs, Light Poles, etc... If nothing else, find a tree. :)

But I think we all already have all the skills need to hit a tree, Hell I can hit a tree with out even trying to...

Oh wait that's not good is it?

There is an iron fence just outside my apartment, and I use one of the mail poles as a target. If I can hit that, I can hit a basket.

I drew the outline of a basket and chains on an old small diameter trampoline and have it mounted on a fence that is covered in ivy ~ it's a good target but every putt bounces out ;)

a pillow stapled to the living room wall for indoor putting practice

My Bro-in-law and I are making a course now, 12 holes in the ground already. We got the metal roofing from an old barn that was collapsing. 12 foot sheets, cut into 3 foot long pieces. use wire to hold them together so you end up with about a foot diameter by 3 foot metal tube out of semi-flexible metal. makes a helluva racket when you hit it with a disc. we hang them from trees, this makes very difficult in the wind

My Bro-in-law and I are making a course now, 12 holes in the ground already. We got the metal roofing from an old barn that was collapsing. 12 foot sheets, cut into 3 foot long pieces. use wire to hold them together so you end up with about a foot diameter by 3 foot metal tube out of semi-flexible metal. makes a helluva racket when you hit it with a disc. we hang them from trees, this makes very difficult in the wind

do you have any pics?

I use the fence posts in my back yard. There is still something missing though. I need laser sensors that simulate the chain "ching" noise when I hit the post, that would be sweet.

Latest posts