• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hot Dog Stand?

Several homes back up to Firefighter's where we play leagues. Every so often, a kid about 10-yrs old that sets up shop just beyond his backyard adjacent to 14's fairway with a cooler full of pop, water and bags of chips for a buck a pop. Looks like mom buys the jumbo sized packages at Costco, so he should be seeing a pretty healthy margin.

Shouldn't taco'd discs be on that menu? Better yet,

"Jukeshoe's Gourmet Sammich Stand - Guaranteed to take strokes of your game!"

So its a buck a pop...

What about the water and chips???? :eek:

Never got in trouble selling grilled cheese sandwiches at Dead shows.
My girls made a killing (for their troup) selling Girl Scout cookies at the end of our driveway. Sundays, just as church lets out.
Lemonade stands in our neighborhood all summer long.
I grill dogs and sell them during our annual neighborhood garage sale. Lady down the street sells homemade pies and jam.

Chances are the cops will just make you just pack up with a warning.

Unfortunately the state is will want to extort money from you for providing a simple service to willing customers.

The state routinely shuts down people who simply give food out to needy neighborhood children or homeless people.

With that being said, that shouldn't deter you from doing it. The worst that will happen is they will shut you down and tell you that you need to pay their extortion/protection fee in order to continue.

You may want to hook up with local leagues and have them charge an extra, voluntary fee for a free meal, which you can provide. That way you are only dealing with one real customer, thus, harder for the state to shut you down.

There's a fellow on here who is known as the "Pier Park Sausage Guy"---sells brats, sodas and discs right in the parking lot near hole one. Wish I could remember his avatar---he'd be a great source of info.

Latest posts