• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HotD 9/10/2020: Shore Winds DGC - Blue Hole #6 Waterport, NY

fishballer06

Eagle Member
Today's hole of the day is hole #6 at Shore Winds - Blue in Waterport, NY. A little info on the course and this hole.

Description: This is a course designed for top rated players, offering elevation, water, precision approaches, tight o.b. and several risk/reward holes. Set along the shores of Lake Ontario offering an amazingly scenic - and a very, very challenging disc golf course. Nicknamed "The Beast" golfers will either absolutely love or hate it.

OB is behind #16 and in front of #8 forming a pond type area. Service roads are one stroke penalty and play where it lands over the cliff unless it lands in the water. An entry area behind 13 allows players to climb down the cliff to retrieve discs that may come close to meeting Lake Ontario.

Designer: Paul Stephens & Tom Rowland (2010)

Red Tee: 536 ft (par 5)
White Tee: 614 ft (par 5)
Blue Tee: 685 ft (par 5)

9ffa6b35.jpg

Tee Sign

19bff9c6.jpg

White Tee.

55ddd7e2.jpg

Blue Tee.

dcab99d0.jpg

Basket to tee.

Wonderful course with several holes that overlook Lake Ontario... really an enjoyable round.

Depending on the wind, Mamba or Crank, probs for the for the first two shots.

read the description and was excited

saw the pics and felt i was in a midwest prairie

fizz volt x2 to ion for the 3

er uh, is that really a basket to tee shot for this hole?

Going with a hyzerflipped ESP crank

This hole is much more difficult when tournament ob is used. Getting your first shot through the trees requires around 400 feet of distance and is key if you want an easy chip over to the thin landing zone.
Depending on wind I throw Dd3 or cd2, then fd3 or md3 depending on where I land.
Here is a pic of the usual ob.

Attachments

• 4B78BAFB-B54A-4EE4-8F86-808A9A6D3DE4.jpg
    4B78BAFB-B54A-4EE4-8F86-808A9A6D3DE4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Star Shryke to start.

Latest posts