• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston Airport

peppermack

Double Eagle Member
By the off chance are there any DGR peeps in the airport with me right now? I am friggin bord and have 2 more hours. On my way to WV to find a place to live.

Texas:) and I am going to Morgantown. Going to play some dg when I am there, I have a vp, buzzz, teebird, and destroyer in my carry on bag!

I think it would have been really awesome if someone from here was actually at the airport at the same time.

Every time I fly, I'm carrying discs with me and I inevitably end up having a long layover. I'll find myself making up holes throughout the terminal, and then scanning the crowd to see if there might be any other golfers that'd be interested. It hasn't happened yet, but one day, man, one day....

...but you don't actually play the holes, right? I hear that in airports nowadays they don't set par, they set bail.

Missed ya by 5 days. I had a layover in Houston on the 10th.

I had a Voodoo, Roc, Leo, and TeeBird in my carry-on, and got funny looks from the scanners. Had to unpack the bag twice. Do discs look like bombs on the x-ray?

I am now on my way home and have a three hour layover in Minneapolis. I just take my disc out and put them in their own tray. Both times through security they have commented on the pretty granite VP I have with me. It is of course placed on top so they can appreciate it fully.

I wish I had known you were in town. I live 5 minutes from the airport, and there is a course 8 minutes away.