• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How easily do you get tired playing dg?

jdquinonez

It seems like nearly all of my friends are near exhaustion just after playing like 9 or 18 holes but i don't really tend to get tired unless i play all day long. i'm just wondering if i just don't fatigue easily, or my friends are just a bunch of wimps?

I can play 54-72 holes in a day without being too tired. 18 holes is nothing. Although, I have to admit that Deis Hill Park did a pretty good job beating me up in 18 holes. Particularly the climb to the #14 blue tee.

yah tree climbing really takes a lot out of you. worst one i had was the branch started to break when i was in the tree trying to get my beast down. i got really lucky there was another nearby. i just think i should probably find some other guys to play with who can actually not get tired. The course i usually play at isn't anything compared to some i have played at.

I play 2 courses every Sunday and always feel ready to go the third, but can't get anyone on board (once I went by myself after a 2 course road trip with buddies. I just had to get one more in before dark). I think I could play 3 a day, everyday, if I had the chance. When I'm having fun, fatigue doesn't seem to be an issue. I just adjust my game, ease off the drives, play smart second shots, etc.

I'm the same way John. I could easily do 3 courses a day (time permitting) and often do that in the summer. Finding people to do that with me is more of a challenge.

Thats exactly my problem. When i get into my disc playing mood i guess you could call it i can easily just keep going until i cant see my disc anymore

the only thing that tires is really my feet from walking so much. i guess i just need new shoes. i played the same course six times in two days with four different groups of people. that all you have to do is find some people that want to play one round and then stack them up so that when your done with round one someone is there to play round two.

It depends on the course. I can play most courses twice , back to back, but there are a couple of courses around here, that are very long, and my friends say after one round they are done. I can play two rounds, but after that I am done for the day.

the only thing that tires is really my feet from walking so much. i guess i just need new shoes. i played the same course six times in two days with four different groups of people. that all you have to do is find some people that want to play one round and then stack them up so that when your done with round one someone is there to play round two.

That is a great idea!
I have old injuries i.e. broken ankles, etc. so I bought a pair of trail running shoes. I didn't even know trail running was a sport, but they are ultra comfy and have great traction for climbing those tough hills. My bones thank me.

It depends on how I'm playing. In a tournament, I don't really have fatigue issues because the pace is so slow and there's lots of time between rounds. If I'm playing myself I tend to move faster and get fatigued to where my performance suffers, but I'm not necessarily tired, by the end of the round.

I don't think I've ever been tired playing DG. Not even on Beaver Ranch as my fourth course of the day.

ERic

I tend to find courses like Crystal Mountain, WA. (on the ski slopes w/ no chair lifts) tiring. Besides that, I could play all day. Milo McIver can get tiring as well considering after playing 36 holes it is 6 hours later.

I can remember being really tired once. That was the 4th course on a Cincinnati trip. We had already played Idlewild, Banklick, Mt. Airy, and we were finishing up with William Harbin. Harbin was long hilly and open. That course was not nearly as good as the other 3 and we were playing fast because the sun was going down, but all I remember is thinking that my arm was about to fall off.

Thats exactly my problem. When i get into my disc playing mood i guess you could call it i can easily just keep going until i cant see my disc anymore

... and then you keep going until you almost loose your disc becuase its so dark out you cant see a thing, even though you should have stopped a while ago ;)

John next time you can't find someone to throw you should give me a shout...i have the same problem as you, i can play as long as there is light, but most people don't want to throw more than 18...

I'm an old fart and see alot of young players who do not have much endurance.

I recall at worlds (been three times) how many dropped like flies. (scores, each day would plummet)

Taking a sport seriously includes endurance, imho.

Well, if you want to cash... that is.

Endurance also helps you stay mentally sharp. I find it much easier to keep playing if I don't get down about my game. Relax and enjoy more rounds, this is supposed to be fun.

Latest posts