• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] How Flexy Are FLX Avenger SS's

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
My freind is looking at getting an avenger ss, he really like the stamp of the FLX version a lot more than the others but doesnt want a pancake for a disc, understandable. So how flexy are the FLX Avenger SS's?

My brother has a FLX Avenger SS that I threw today and it wasn't super flexible at all, definitely cant fold it in half. It is a super super straight disc though and definitely worth buying.

I have two of them (Bright green). They are grippy, and bends with the hand. I don't think I could fold it in half, but it is the most flexible of all of the plastics they come in.

I like the esp or the cryztal avenger ss opposed to the flx. The only flx I throw is a drone in the winter.

Ive had two and they both felt different. One was a little stiffer than the other,but both had a great grip. The thing about the FLX Avenger SS is that it is RIDICULOUSLY understable. Im a fan of understable, and I had to find new techniques to throw a flx avngr ss...that thing is nuts. I got more distance and accuracy out of every Z SS I had.

I like the esp or the cryztal avenger ss opposed to the flx. The only flx I throw is a drone in the winter.

The Cryztal Avenger SS is awesome. Not as understable as the other plastics, but I get more distance. I hit a $122 Ace with mine the day after I picked one up (weekly doubles). It was awesome.

The thing about the FLX Avenger SS is that it is RIDICULOUSLY understable. Im a fan of understable, and I had to find new techniques to throw a flx avngr ss...that thing is nuts. I got more distance and accuracy out of every Z SS I had.

I have never had a ridiculously under stable FLX avenger. Actually, unless I really power the disc, it flies straight without any anny. I have to make sure I put a lot behind it, or give it some anny to have it turn. I throw them around 350'

I have never had a ridiculously under stable FLX avenger.

Did you mean Avenger SS?

I don't know how the FLX's mold up, but I've thrown Avengers and Avenger SS in Z and ESP and I feel like they are night and day diff. discs, but it totally depends on how far your buddy is throwing. Avengers typically are pretty straight, maybe a slight turnover, and a good clean finish- they remind me of Innova's Starfires.

The Avenger SS that I threw was brand new, and reminded me almost of a Roadrunner, but for some reason I couldn't get it up to the distances I can with a roadrunner without burning it out. I felt like it was crazy more understable than it's normal counterpart.

Good luck!

Ya, I did mean an Avenger SS.
I don't consider an Avenger, and Avenger SS as similar discs.
The Avenger is very stable, while the SS is fairly straight. The Avenger SS is rated at .5, and the Buzzz is a .5. Both of the FLX molds fly similar for me. If you throw them at 70% they go nice, and straight. If you try to give them 90% power they will turn over and not come back.

Latest posts