• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How having a motorcycle is going to improve my disc golf game :-)

Darth Anovin

Eagle Member
Well, it's getting close to that time of year again. A time when four wheels can be substituted for the more enjoyable two wheeled counterparts. Yes, I love both disc golf and motorcycles and I plan on combining my love for the two ALOT this year. However, my bike isn't equipped with saddlebags or any other way to transport a bunch of stuff. The only thing I have is a small cargo net over the back of my seat. But I do have a DD Sniper bag. Although I won't be able to carry many discs, I think it's gonna help my game tremendously. I'm going "back to school," if you will, with what I call my "biker bag."

- Opto Trident (fh and flex drivers, utility driver)
- ESP Buzzz ("driver" that will see the most action)
- Opto Pure (driving putter)
- GL Decodye Pure (upshots)
- Zero Line Hard Pure (putts)

I think with just these discs, it should definitely help out my game over a few months. Just thought I'd share... Any thoughts? Anyone use two wheels to get to their disc golf destinations?

I am in the same boat - except I don't even have a net!

I usually use a regular, Target-bought backpack with like 6/7 discs. I also carry a bike lock to secure my jacket to my bike.

Usually, though, I'm lazy and just drive; and dedicate a whole day to biking/discing here and there.

I saw a guy last weekend with a rack on the back and his DD ranger bag bungied down. Seemed to work fine.
I need a bike..

Last summer i rode my cruiser to the local courses all the time. Packed 10-12 discs in a Lightning Bag, zipped it closed, threw it over my shoulder and off i went. I can't wait to start doing that again this summer!

Best of both worlds, a bike ride and disc game. Great excuse to play courses out of your area too.

My wife is use to the fact that going to the hardware store in the car takes me 30 minutes, and for some reason on the bike it takes me two hours.;)

The two hobbies don't mix well for me. I have a 2005 Honda VFR and a 2010 Triumph Steet Triple. But I'm a big believer in wearing the right gear when I'm riding. At a minimum wearing jeans, riding jacket, gloves, helmet. For all day rides, dressed like a power ranger in full leathers. Disc golf is in shorts and a t-shirt.

Here are a few pics playing on the Triumph at VIR.

I just throw 8 or so discs in my backpack when I ride my motorcycle to the course, although I will be finding a way to affix my bag to the back without having to put my saddlebags on because my bike looks 100% more badass without saddlebags.

I throw my helmet and armor in a friend's car once I get there.

I throw my helmet and armor in a friend's car once I get there.

This is one of my concerns if I'm playing solo. My bike has a helmet lock, but I don't just wanna leave my vest sitting on my bike. If knuckleheads will steal a piece of molded round plastic, they'll definitely take a nice leather vest! Lmao

IMAG0729.jpg

I use my Motorcycles to go retrieve my discs after launching them down the hill!

we are trying to install a rider friendly course in my neighbors land so we can tee off and ride minis the whole way around the course...

Same as me!! Almost. Same idea though - discing down. I ride an FJR1300 which has hard cases. I subscribe to ATGMOFTT (all the gear most of the time) - I can put my helmet in one case and my jacket/pants in the other and pack\carry a nutsack size bag with up to 8 or 9 discs, but I've been discing down and am currently only packing 4 - warship, comet, putter and a T3 (which doesn't get used). It's fun playing with other players who are throwing bosses and wraiths on 260' holes and then stepping up and parking my warship - or my putter. Playing with this loadout has tremendously increased my confidence throwing my mids and 'driving' with my putter. Looking forward to nicer weather though.

This is one of my concerns if I'm playing solo. My bike has a helmet lock, but I don't just wanna leave my vest sitting on my bike. If knuckleheads will steal a piece of molded round plastic, they'll definitely take a nice leather vest! Lmao

Bike lock my man! The long, cable kind. Put it through the sleeves and between the fork.

The two hobbies work fine for me. I got this bike wanting something I can leave my gear secure with the bike (at work or play) and carry my gear, but still have fun!

20140614_133354_zps0m4ep7ty.jpg

As someone who just highsided his bike last fall, I'm a huge believer in ATGATT. I was wearing all the gear and even though I broke my collarbone and 6 ribs I was back throwing again in just over a month. I was probably riding about 60mph when I went down. I didn't have a scratch on me. Bike was totalled. I will be getting a new one but my daughter is getting married and I have to pay for that first. All that being said I loved going to the course with my bike and my bag. I had a tailbag. I'd strap my bag to the back and then put my gear in the tailbag. Or leave it in a friends car.
2vt87za.jpg

4tov1s.jpg

Latest posts