• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How high has your league ace pot gotten?

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
Just curious. Ours is up to over $700. The word has gotten around that it's that high, so lately we've been having a good amount of people show up to play, and it's $5 for the ace pot. Tomorrow after every one puts in their money it'll probably be close to $800, maybe over.

We had a regional one creep over 500, one single buck at a time. There was also a second one growing in reserve that was over 200.

Ace pots generally don't get me too interested, yet I will contribute to keep pace with the crowd.

I thought it would be interesting if a local club had say.. a dollar opt in ace pot, but as soon as it gets to 200, it goes to two dollar in, 300 to 3 buck in, etc... Could balloon that way and be interesting.

Ours I believe just crossed the $300 mark, but we only pay out half if it gets hit.

Most ace funds in KC hover around $200-500, and pay half.

Last year at Rosedale the fund got just over $1,000, and I'm told that the one at WyCo got to like $1,600 a few years back.

I believe on Tuesday leagues are ace pot only rounds.. so to play you have to put in $5 towards the pot. Thursdays you can choose to put in $1-$5. That's what I was told.

I cap the ace pool at $200 and start a new one. Who wants some rando showing up, paying in a couple bucks and taking all that local built up cash? Especially if its hundreds upon hundreds of dollars.

And if one of the pots gets drained at least you have another on the side building up. Keeps the league attractive to players.

I cap the ace pool at $200 and start a new one. Who wants some rando showing up, paying in a couple bucks and taking all that local built up cash? Especially if its hundreds upon hundreds of dollars.

And if one of the pots gets drained at least you have another on the side building up. Keeps the league attractive to players.

Ours got over 700 and my buddy hit it.

A good thing that our winter league does to avoid the randoms coming in and swooping on the pot is keeping track of who has paid week by week and making them pay extra based on how many weeks they have been there to make them "catch up" so it is fair

ours is currently at 662 at 1 dollar at each week of league. Over 100 will be added next week. Pays out 90% at this amount.

Like 2-3 weeks ago our club ace pot was at $850....then I hit it(hole 2 veterans park arlington,tx) the highest around has been the two different traveling ace pots(one regularly got to $1500) and last year I hit one of those on video for $1220(modified hole 18 weatherford DGC weatherford,tx) YouTube and search video ace pot and you should find it

After no aces all last summer, our pot was over $600 at the start of the Spring. We decided to only pay out $250 max, to keep out of towners from swooping in and stealing the loot! So far in 10 weeks of league, we have had 8 aces, with one player hitting an ace 2 weeks in a row! We had another one last night, so back to $0.

Both leagues I actively play in have caps on the Ace pot... one is $250 and we have 2 1/2 pots available and the other is capped at $200 and we have 4 available and discussing raising the cap.

Also only one pot available for each league event... so if two aces are hit, they split the $250.

... to keep out of towners from swooping in and stealing the loot!

Only club members are eligible for our ace pots. So we have had folks join the club right before a big tournament in which we make the pot available. Out of towners who don't join are only eligible for THAT NIGHT'S contribution to the ace fund if they hit it.

Both leagues I actively play in have caps on the Ace pot... one is $250 and we have 2 1/2 pots available and the other is capped at $200 and we have 4 available and discussing raising the cap.

Also only one pot available for each league event... so if two aces are hit, they split the $250.

Caps are good since if you have built up more than one ace pot, if one ace is hit you will already have a nice attractive ace pot in place....and that will keep the people coming (and building up the next ace pot, and any club fundraising the league provides).

We had our pot over $700, with $300 reserve built up. One buck at a time. A local guy who was in a tight spot hit it. We were all happy for him!

wow these are all awesome!

my claim to fame was the 3rd time I had played at our local dubs league where the pot had grown to be $290, $1 at a time.. my truck was broken into overnight, strangely the thieves took my big innova bag and left my discs - the bag was used to carrier the more valuable things I reckon! so I grabbed a dufflebag and headed to the course.

my first and only FH ace.

Latest posts