• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long of drive for you to play?

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Was just curious how far/long you drive to get to courses. (In Ohio, distance is measured in time when driving)

Of the ones I LIKE to go to regularly, I have:

50 minute drive: Roscoe Ewing

1 hour drive: Arboretum-Spiker

And 1 I just found out about and am planning to make my first trip this weekend:

1 hour, 5 minutes: Deis Hill

Thats pretty much the lengths I go to for disc golf. I have one right in town here but it is like a putt putt course. Along with another about 25 minutes away which is also a putt putt course, but good with lots of trees if you want to work your short game, I just dont do it oftern.

There is one other that is 18 holes and more challenging lenghts only 35 minutes away but I didnt care much for it at all. Something in the design I just didnt like the back 9.

I could drive to either course in town, but it makes more sense to bike as it only takes 2 or 5 minutes to get to either one from my house.

I have 2 courses right in town and 2 between 5 to 15 minets outside of town (the ones outside of town are much better). The longest I've driven simply to play was 1.5 hours. It was very disappointing so it's going to be hard to get my fiance to do that again.

Our home course Jospeh Davis State Park is only 15 minutes drive. But within 30 minutes drive there are 6 other courses. And in 45 minutes drive 2 more including the Championship course at Emery Park.

Western NY is the best.

Of the 3 I play the most

~2 minutes to Red Land

~10 Minutes to either of the Pinchot Courses

~15 Minutes to Creekside

Wow!

And these are all really good courses near you? Maybe I should define good. Most holes over 300', maybe some short ones but not many and challenging?

hawk hollow- 3 minutes (4.5 rating)
the grange- 20 minutes (2 courses rated over 4)
loriella- 35 minutes (just under 4 rating)
pratt- 45 minutes (3+ rating)
walnut creek- 1 hour (over 4 rating)
giles run- 70 minutes (over 4 rating)

Chestnut Ridge has 4 over 300ft from the whites and 11 from the blues. In any case the course is haeavily wooded with an impossible ravine along most baskets.

At Emery Park all but one are over 300ft from the whites.

At Beaver Island SP only 6 are less than 300ft

Como Lake Park only 4 less than 300ft.

Wilson-Tuscarora SP half are under 300ft

Joseph Davis SP 20 of the 27 are less than 300ft. But from the blues only 9 of the 27 are less than 300ft.

The others are pitch and putt courses.

I mainly play at my lunch break and have LL woods and Lake Lewisville Park both within 3 miles of the office. With traffic (lights), 6 minutes. Its nice, but I smell like a foot for the rest of the day at the office.

I'm a 3 minute drive away from the closest course. I love that so very much. Now if I could just convince my wife to play, I'd be there 5 times a week.

Im thinking its time I move closer to the courses I like and drive further to work.

I live .82 miles from a pretty challenging course and about 10 from an easier, but still fun, course. I routinely drive 45 minutes to go play 4-5 courses that are top notch.

Was just curious how far/long you drive to get to courses. (In Ohio, distance is measured in time when driving)

Of the ones I LIKE to go to regularly, I have:

50 minute drive: Roscoe Ewing

1 hour drive: Arboretum-Spiker

And 1 I just found out about and am planning to make my first trip this weekend:

1 hour, 5 minutes: Deis Hill

Thats pretty much the lengths I go to for disc golf. I have one right in town here but it is like a putt putt course. Along with another about 25 minutes away which is also a putt putt course, but good with lots of trees if you want to work your short game, I just dont do it oftern.

There is one other that is 18 holes and more challenging lenghts only 35 minutes away but I didnt care much for it at all. Something in the design I just didnt like the back 9.

What? YOu don't play Ashland High School all the time? I am in Mansfield - is that even worth going up there for? I have played Charles Mill, but it is pretty short.

I drive about 20 minutes over to Aumiller.

Hopefully by next summer we will have a sweet course right outside my office door!

What? YOu don't play Ashland High School all the time? I am in Mansfield - is that even worth going up there for? I have played Charles Mill, but it is pretty short.

I drive about 20 minutes over to Aumiller.

Hopefully by next summer we will have a sweet course right outside my office door!

Really? I work in Mansfield.

I wouldnt bother going up for Ashland High Schools course. Fiances daughter told us how awesome it was, but she had never seen any other course. So I went and I came back and laughed at her.

If you are up, and there isnt a lot going on at the high school, I would say swing by there and check it out. Its nicely landscaped and you can breeze through it for a quick pitch and putt, but I wouldnt go there just to go DG.

What about Aumiller? Is it any good?

Are they building a new course around Mansfield?

I got a course 5mi from home and oddly enough, 5mi from work.

Another 13 miles from work (about 8 from home)

Another about 15 miles from home (only played once)

Then everything else is >1hr.

just discovered Doris Davies about 5 min away by car...AWESOME.

other than that, its 30 min to wrightwood or an hour to Huntington Beach, El Dorado or La Mirada.

What about Aumiller? Is it any good?

Are they building a new course around Mansfield?

Aumiller is a fun course. Front nine is very wooded and technical. Back nine opens up and lengthens out. Water comes into play on three holes on the back. Some great elevation changes. Well worth the drive for me.

We are in the planning process of building a course at our church over here in Ontario. Got couple guys from MOODgolf doing the course layout. Should be pretty sweet!