• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many clubs have over 200 Members ?

The Chicagoland Area does not have 1 club but a bunch of regional clubs via area. There are other smaller groups but these are the main groups. Illinois has ranked in the top 5 of courses, events, & PDGA members over the past few years. A lot of that has to do with the strong presence of these clubs. I'm guessing there are easily 1000+ members from these groups (paid members each year).

North Suburbs--DISContinuum
Northwest--DGU Streamwood
West--Fox Valley
South--J-Town
South--Basket Cases

San Diego Aces (Regional/Multiclub ?) = over 469

NEFA (New England Flying Disc Assoc) = 457

CharlotteDGC = 400

KC = 356

AtlantaDGO (multi-club) = > 250

Minnesota Frisbee Assoc (Statewide) = 244

Broward County (FL) = > 200 ?

Ann Arbor (MI) = > 200 ?

Music City (Nashville) = > 200 ?

Sarasota Sky Pilots = ?

@MartinD, thanks for MFA, good link.

@Rizbee, is the SD Aces a Regional or multi-club organization ? Also, does the club maintain a list of members ?

Thanks!

If any one has a good link to any other clubs, please share !

The Chicagoland Area does not have 1 club but a bunch of regional clubs via area. There are other smaller groups but these are the main groups. Illinois has ranked in the top 5 of courses, events, & PDGA members over the past few years. A lot of that has to do with the strong presence of these clubs. I'm guessing there are easily 1000+ members from these groups (paid members each year).

North Suburbs--DISContinuum
Northwest--DGU Streamwood
West--Fox Valley
South--J-Town
South--Basket Cases

Is it fair to say that could mean an average of 200 + from each club listed ?

New Hanover Disc Golf Club in Wilmington, NC boasts over 100. Might not be all the numbers you were looking for, but those 100 are legit active....not just membership dollars. The Beach goes hard in the paint, yo.

Sorry.....not the response you were looking for....I get it. Pride got to me. Had to put the flag out there though.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

I believe, last I heard, the Mile High Disc Golf Club in Denver, CO has sold over 500 memberships this year. It could be a few less or a few more than that. This is the first year it has been that big, but we have been over the 400 mark for a few years now.

From the stlouisdiscgolfclub.com website:

With over 500 members annually, the River City Flyers are one of the largest disc golf clubs in the nation,...

I think that's an old number too. I'll find out from Chris Kinsella what the current number is.

A couple of local clubs I belong to passed the 100 mark in bag tags. Granted a great deal of people in one are also in the other.

How about 100 members or better ?

Mile High DGC (Denver, CO) = over 500 ?

River City Flyers (St. Louis DGC) = over 500 ?

San Diego Aces (Regional/Multiclub ?) = over 469

NEFA (New England Flying Disc Assoc) = 457

CharlotteDGC = 401

KC = 356

AtlantaDGO (multi-club) = > 250

Minnesota Frisbee Assoc (Statewide) = 244

Broward County (FL) = > 200 ?

Ann Arbor (MI) = > 200 ?

Music City (Nashville) = > 200 ?

Chicago Area :
North Suburbs--DISContinuum = > 200 ?
Northwest--DGU Streamwood = > 200 ?
West--Fox Valley = > 200 ?
South--J-Town = > 200 ?
South--Basket Cases = > 200 ?

Sarasota Sky Pilots = ?

New Hanover DGC (Wilmington, NC) = > 100

*Clubs with a ? are unconfirmed

If any one has a good link to any other clubs, please share !

Thanks!

WNCDGA (Western North Carolina Disc Golf Association) had 200+ tags out this year. I think the actual number was 235-245?

Sedgley Woods in Philly has sold over 200 tags for probably 3 years now, 38 of them played yesterday.

The St. Louis area also has the St. Charles County DG Club and the Southern Illinois Chain Gang. I don't know the exact numbers but I know each club is sporting over 100 active members. A couple years ago (2012 or 2013 I'm thinking) the StL DG Club had well over 500 members.

Latest posts