• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own

How Many discs do you own?

• 1-50

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 50-100

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 100-200

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 200-300

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • So many I lost track

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This type of thread comes up at least once a year. I know I've posted this picture before. This picture is like 5+ years old by know. At the time of this photo I had a little under 5000 discs. At my old house I had a room dedicated to storing my discs/bags. I couldn't even display all my discs in this photo. After my (now ex) girlfriend moved in...I lost my "disc golf room". Right now a majority of them are on shelves or in Dynamic Discs plastic storage bins in my basement. I haven't counted my discs in quite some time. I know I'm over 7000 now. I have a plastic addiction. I guess this what happens when you start playing disc golf as a kid.

picture.php

I bag 14
I have 10 spares

then I have a number of 'shared' discs with my hubby. About another 25 or so.

So I say about 50.

To be fair, an older player just handed me a stack of 15 beater discs the other day.

Also... discinfiend... wow. That's a lot of discs. TOO many, really. Out of the kindness of my heart, I'd take some of them off your hands. Relieve you of that great burden, as it were. :D

This type of thread comes up at least once a year. I know I've posted this picture before. This picture is like 5+ years old by know. At the time of this photo I had a little under 5000 discs. At my old house I had a room dedicated to storing my discs/bags. I couldn't even display all my discs in this photo. After my (now ex) girlfriend moved in...I lost my "disc golf room". Right now a majority of them are on shelves or in Dynamic Discs plastic storage bins in my basement. I haven't counted my discs in quite some time. I know I'm over 7000 now. I have a plastic addiction. I guess this what happens when you start playing disc golf as a kid.

picture.php

You could sell 6000 of them @ $10 each (shipping including at lets say.. $3.26) and still come out with over $40,000..... and you would still have an absurd amount of plastic left over.

You could sell 6000 of them @ $10 each (shipping including at lets say.. $3.26) and still come out with over $40,000..... and you would still have an absurd amount of plastic left over.

Considering that about 5K of the discs are at least five years old, there might be much more of a return. Sold in lots of 10, with a one or two older high value discs in each lot, they'd easily sell for 150. Less cost per disc for shipping too.

(does your gf read dgcr?)

I'm to the point where I am too paranoid to post on a forum how many discs I have. But every time I see these posts and think to myself " Eric...you have a really nice collection! let's show it off " I start scrolling through and like " Holy schmolie!" . Nah , I'll just watch :)

if i have 50 or more i have too many.

and right now, i am getting close to that #. looks lkke i gotta go sell some before adding anymore.

actually counted today, I have 21 (22 cause one was a present to my kid and she has thrown it twice)

14 Innova
2 Discraft
1 Westside
1 DD
1 DGA
1 Lat 64
1 Quest

I voted 100-200 - it's much closer to the low end of that range.

19 in my bag
30 or so backups and special situation discs in my trunk
Another 15-20 in rejects/older discs that make up my two kids' bags
Another 35-40 in a storage bin in my garage

The ~105 total is notable only because I bought the first one less than two years ago