• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How many people throw the Orc?

Can anybody give me an idea of how much less stable the star orcs are than the champs?

I use to throw Orcs as my main go to driver but have gotten away from it for other discs though I've always loved the Orc. My Special Blend from Tulsa was one of my smoothest flying discs ever but I retired it out of fear of losing it. I'm thinking about putting at least one back in the bag once I break from tournaments in a couple weeks.

I just picked up 4 Tulsa orcs. What is it about them that makes them better as I haven't had a chance to throw them yet.

Played a few rounds with one. I liked it. That left hook though, and it was probably me, it would start to turn and crash hard at the end of my longest drives. That's how it went to the water in Fritz. One day I'm going treasure hunting out there.

I have a good friend that threw his 161gm Orc in the creek at Bear Creek this weekend. We took off our hats and said goodbye. It was his birthday. I bought him another at the same weight. He'll get it next weekend. I don't want to ever beat him "unarmed".

i carry 5 champ orc :p little dif wear and weights on em all... i can park just about any hole i play with one of my orcs... therefore i love em :D

Can anybody give me an idea of how much less stable the star orcs are than the champs?

In my experience I have found that the Star Orcs I've thrown have more stability. One of the only discs that I have found that I feel throw better in Champ rather than Star.

I just picked up 4 Tulsa orcs. What is it about them that makes them better as I haven't had a chance to throw them yet.

These discs seem to be more of a high grade plastic that still has tremendous glide without the loss of stability that comes with new Pro plastics.

I've got a couple of Orc questions, and this seemed like as good a place as any to ask.

1. Do they make the Orc in any premium plastics in a weight less than 160g? Most of mine are in the 167g-171g range, but I have a couple of flat and pearly 162's that bomb. I'd love to try a 150 class or so if they made them.

2. How much does a new DX stamp nightshift cost? I'm not looking to throw one, but would be interested in it as a collectable.

Thanks for any assistance.

I used to throw pro orcs with some success. To be honest, didn't like them in any other plastic. I found that they beat into perfection, big Ss, after about 6 months of punishment. It eventually had a place in my bag as a roller and overhand disc, and then, later, left the bag completely.

Still a great disc.

I've got a couple of Orc questions, and this seemed like as good a place as any to ask.

1. Do they make the Orc in any premium plastics in a weight less than 160g? Most of mine are in the 167g-171g range, but I have a couple of flat and pearly 162's that bomb. I'd love to try a 150 class or so if they made them.

2. How much does a new DX stamp nightshift cost? I'm not looking to throw one, but would be interested in it as a collectable.

I haven't seen any Orcs much lower than 160g, but I'm sure there's got to be a few out there.

As, for the night shift orcs, I've seen most go for 30-50 depending on condition. However lately I haven't seen anybody really looking to unload them.

At the moment I don't have a use for Orcs; whenever I need a max distance driver in the 10-11 speed range I grab my trusty Star Wraith. I do use the ones that I have for driving practice since they are pretty similar to the Wraith.

They are hard to find even in the low 160's. I did have a 158 at one point. I've seen a 156 before, but they are few are far between. Are you liking that 162 I traded you?

Can't help you on the nightshift price.

I have a glo champ Orc and I don't throw it much because it doesn't have alot of glo material in it, making it almost see through. It can be hard to find. When I do use it it always does well. It is good for decent distance and not over stable, it can be turned over if need be, or thrown straight & not too hard it will fade nice n soft @ the end.

Since I couldn't get a 150 Orc I went for a 150 Blizzard Wraith instead. I've been pleased with it.

Not too sure on the night shift prices. There are 2 different breeds of nightshift, the first with Pro type stamps and the DX Stamped stabilized Dark Blue Star Orcs. I have a few of the latter, including a 158 unthrown, but I dont think Im ready to get rid of them.

They are hard to find even in the low 160's. I did have a 158 at one point. I've seen a 156 before, but they are few are far between. Are you liking that 162 I traded you?

Can't help you on the nightshift price.

Yep. It's still pretty solid as long as there's not a lot of wind, and being lightweight, it'll get out there. I've recently found a new flat pearly 162g for a backup to it.

Not too sure on the night shift prices. There are 2 different breeds of nightshift, the first with Pro type stamps and the DX Stamped stabilized Dark Blue Star Orcs. I have a few of the latter, including a 158 unthrown, but I dont think Im ready to get rid of them.

Yeah, the DX stamped ones were what I was looking at.

SOLF has knocked the Orc outta my bag for the most part, sad to say. I have some nice pearlies that I rotate in every now and then, but when it really counts I trust the OLF much more.

I would also say the TP Sword is like a better Orc, or maybe Wraith clone.

Been reading through this thread a bit and am confused. What orcs are you guys throwing that are good in headwinds....

Latest posts