• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many tournaments have you TD'd ?

How many tournaments have you TD'd ?

• Total voters

CaptainAnhyzer

* Ace Member *
Just after I moved to Albany NY I discovered that the disc golf scene here was scarce and was in need of some guidance & direction. Nobody really wanted to run leagues and tourney and the ones that did were fairly new to it. So in 2008, I threw my hat in the ring and ran the Ace Race.
22 players showed up and we had a blast.
Since then I've run or co-TD'd events every year.

Ace Race 2008-2011 (4)
Ice Bowl 2009-13 (5)
J-Park Jammer 2009-11, NY States 2012 (4)
April Showers 2010-13 (4)
Battle of Saratoga 2010 & 2012 (2)
Turkey Throwdown 2010 & 2011 (2)
Oneonta Rotary Disc Golf Open, 2010
ElectriCity Classic 2011
Play It Again Open 2012
Bousquet Open 2012

The J-Park Jammer VI(this Saturday) will be my 26th tournament, 16th sanctioned.

I love playing the game but being the TD is the next level. Regardless of the pain & suffering that sometimes goes along with it, I get great satisfaction out of a well-run tournament.

I have been the TD for 20 PDGA events ranging from C Tier to Major.

When it comes to doubles and monthlies and leagues, I have no idea. Hundreds maybe?

6 or 8, all unsanctioned.
Rewarding and frustrating, all at the same time.

PDGA tournaments: 2
Ace Race/Runs: 3
Unsanctioned doubles tournaments: 4
Weekly Leagues: 3
Monthlies: 5

Im only counting events that I was listed as the contact. This would be higher if I counted events where I was helping either behind the scenes or actively.

I'm also on the books for a third PDGA event on August 10 (Flippin & Flyin III).

I have run 6 PDGA B-Tiers. all the same tournament over a 6 year span. The Azalea in Wilmington, NC. People tell me the tournament is a fun one to attend. That makes me happy.

Just after I moved to Albany NY I discovered that the disc golf scene here was scarce and was in need of some guidance & direction. Nobody really wanted to run leagues and tourney and the ones that did were fairly new to it. So in 2008, I threw my hat in the ring and ran the Ace Race.
22 players showed up and we had a blast.
Since then I've run or co-TD'd events every year.

Ace Race 2008-2011 (4)
Ice Bowl 2009-13 (5)
J-Park Jammer 2009-11, NY States 2012 (4)
April Showers 2010-13 (4)
Battle of Saratoga 2010 & 2012 (2)
Turkey Throwdown 2010 & 2011 (2)
Oneonta Rotary Disc Golf Open, 2010
ElectriCity Classic 2011
Play It Again Open 2012
Bousquet Open 2012

The J-Park Jammer VI(this Saturday) will be my 26th tournament, 16th sanctioned.

I love playing the game but being the TD is the next level. Regardless of the pain & suffering that sometimes goes along with it, I get great satisfaction out of a well-run tournament.

Never the bride always the bridesmaid. ;) You know i'm your right hand man. :D

Started the Bradford open PDGA last year and will continue to run this one yearly.

Since 2007, I have been the TD for at least 40 PDGA sanctioned events from Majors to C-Tiers. I have also been a co-TD, course director or main volunteer for another 40 PDGA events. I can't begin to estimate the number of leagues, non-sanctioned events and clinics I have hosted since 1996.

I currently volunteer to serve on the PDGA Competition Committee (since 2007). I also serve as the current PDGA State Coordinator for California South (since 2009).

More than I can recall. About half PDGA and half not. Only running one this year and it's a juniors only event.

I'm not sure how to vote. I have only been the official/named TD of 1 PDGA event, but have done a ton of the behind-the-scenes stuff (admin & communication mainly) that makes events run smoothly (pre/during/post event). These are the tasks that if done diligently cut down on the issues and complaints.

Been involved in 20+ PDGA events in this capacity, 4-5 years of league (weekly for 9 months per year), 3 USDGC Monday qualifiers, several seasons of night league, and several charity events. I've never really thought about a title, but I guess I was a co-TD....I liked my title of InfoGuy.

I like to think that me doing this was helpful to the TDs as I think that often this is the stuff that burns out TDs the most.

All in all, to have a good/successful event (even more so for an ongoing thriving tournament scene), the TD is usually the visible figurehead......and there is a strong team working with the TD in several areas. I mean this as no slight to the TD's who more than their fair share of work, but it is much more about the team than about TD.

Last edited: