• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to make a number plate for about $10

Why not cut one piece of pipe 10ft thick walled into sections and sand off the burrs save like $100?

I'm sure there could be ways of making this cheaper. I didn't have the time or tools to cut a larger piece into sections so the couplers worked out great.

I would have gotten some round plates cut and welded to a pipe stub and then inserted them into the top of the basket. Then again, I work for a steel company and I get all sort of government projects done for free.

I would have gotten some round plates cut and welded to a pipe stub and then inserted them into the top of the basket. Then again, I work for a steel company and I get all sort of government projects done for free.

Like the ones from DGA? I like that the color on these can be seen from any direction.

Like the ones from DGA? I like that the color on these can be seen from any direction.

This what I've been thinking; from the beginning of the thread. I do think, unfortunately, I've seen more sharpie on those, than just about anywhere. The band does get it's share too; on that style. I believe it's fairly easy to get off the metal though. PVC erasing may take off paint too.

And...lulz from Hysell.

I hear those magic erasers work great.

Great job! I like you can see it from different angles too. Great sharpie remover.... "Extreme Goo Gone". Works On the Chasity belt and would work on this.

Nicely done. This is a great inexpensive improvement to assist in helping with the visibility of a basket from distance. My 40 + year old eyes appreciate it.

If Calvert implemented this I would raise my review at least a half a disc.
Sweet improvement, I know you love that course.

Truth. I could play 1098320934 different layouts of Calvert if I just wanted to point and shoot to any basket I saw from the tee.

Sharpie problems or not, I like the idea. Worst that could happen is you paint over it and then reinstall some number stickers. Really like the tiki torch idea as well. As an extension, you could also put a flag or "next tee" signs attached to this marker as well. Then you're not interfering with the basket as much.

Truth. I could play 1098320934 different layouts of Calvert if I just wanted to point and shoot to any basket I saw from the tee.

Sharpie problems or not, I like the idea. Worst that could happen is you paint over it and then reinstall some number stickers. Really like the tiki torch idea as well. As an extension, you could also put a flag or "next tee" signs attached to this marker as well. Then you're not interfering with the basket as much.

I've got a couple holes that have flags and they work great with each other, I guess it's a perk from mounting to the rungs instead of in the tube some how.

Those look great. Well done. Will look forward to it the next time I make it to White Bank.

Why not cut one piece of pipe 10ft thick walled into sections and sand off the burrs save like $100?

It appears that would drop the price to about $60, assuming labor and painting them is donated.

An even better idea would be to sell add space on those. If 18 were sold at $25 a pop, that would generate nearly $400 after materials are paid for.

Thanks for posting, I really want to add these to my local course!

It appears that would drop the price to about $60, assuming labor and painting them is donated.

An even better idea would be to sell add space on those. If 18 were sold at $25 a pop, that would generate nearly $400 after materials are paid for.

Thanks for posting, I really want to add these to my local course!

Selling ad space was kinda a idea to go along with this but i'm not local to this course anymore so that was to much time I didn't have. The paint shop sponsored the labor of painting and numbering so they got to advertise on all 18.

glow paint would make these more stealable!!! i'm just saying that they look nice but glowing would be silly awesome for about 5 bucks more.

Those are super cool. These would be great on a course with multiple pin positions, you could have different colors made up for each position. Something like a set of orange for A positions and a set of yellow for B. I know I have been to a few courses where its hard to tell whether the basket is in one position or the other, if they were color coded there would be no problems at all.

Latest posts