• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to Write a Review

I am not a big fan of people telling other people how to write their reviews. Except for timg since it is his site. Who the heck are YOU, or I to tell the other guy how he should communicate? If he sucks it will be noted in the thumb tally anyway.

Some people genuinely appreciate other players' objective opinions of their reviews as a means to help them write reviews that are more useful to readers. Thumbs provide the least useful from of feedback... they don't tell you what you did well, what you didn't, or what you could have done better.

Last edited:
Dig the "Only Trusted Reviewers " Button. But I think we all know who writes the best reviews. Keep up the good work fellas.

I write my reviews in fluid, ADHD fueled frenzy. but its just my thoughts pouring out into the review. I also try to write it shortly after playing the course. this allows me to have all the goods and bads right at the front of my mind.
^
And to me, that's the way it should be done. Its fresh in your head. Its going with your gut. Its honest.

Just my two cents, but some degree of the things in the OP's list should already be available in the course description (unless of course it isn't). If you make your review sound like a rehash of that, you're not so much writing a review as you are a synopsis. I don't need to know there are multiple tees if the description makes that obvious. I would like to know things like if the reviewer thought they were set at good distances for that skill level, or were spacious enough pads, or gave the user the option of throwing different lines. That's the sort of fine details I'm looking for.

i think any sort of checklist is a useful thing to have as a tool. but not as a guide. everyone should really sound different, if theyre honest. some people's should be more like a checklist. some reviewers tell more of a story, etc.

and really even my own can be vastly different depending on the course. utilitarian courses get utilitarian reviews. better courses get better reviews from me, and not just in the rating. a lesser course just isn't going to make me feel as much.

honestly, my review style changed alot after playing renny. not because i wanted thumbs up, or anything silly like that. because that course made me want to write.

im still going to review every course i play, but that's because i'm little bit ocd. but courses that make me feel something are going to get a more stylish impactful review. (in theory i could come across a course that i just hate so much it really impacts me too, but i haven't come across one once) that's just being honest.

but in all cases, i write the review that i would want to have read before visiting. the info that would have better helped me decide which course to play. hopefully some other likeminded folk are looking for that same info.

how to write a review? write your review. whatever style you want. whatever information you think is important. whatever that course speaks to you.

How To Write a Review: An Essay By Lil' Juke

Review writing can be a chore. Chores are simply NO FUN. So I'm going to give you some tips on how to make writing your reviews unchoreful-like. Because when you love doing something it flows from the heart and people give it lots of thumbs up and stuff.

Here's the "Do's and Don'ts" of writing a review. "DO" include words. Words are what make up the bulk of reviews. It's difficult to get anywhere in any given review if you don't include words. Don't argue with me, just take it on faith. "DO" include details. Details are what get you words. Without details good luck with trying to include words. "DON'T" sweat it if you can't think of any details. Just make stuff up. Made up stuff is always better than nothing.

In conclusion, review writing is a very ancient and mysterious art form that can be mastered with proper use of words, details, and made up stuff.

The End. Amen.

Lil' Juke

C-

"DON'T" argue with me, just take it on faith. ;)

Latest posts