• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hpw do you tell run #'s on Buzzzes?

The short answer is that you can't unless it's a first run. They only say if it is a first run. The runs after that just have the same stamp, unless they change it.

The long answer is that on some discs, such as the old climo discs (teebird, eagle, some others), you can tell somewhat of what run it was because every time he won the world's, Innova would update the stamp to say ___x world champ (this is why you'll see people calling discs "10x eagles" and other similar names). Some times there were gaps in time when he won the world's (but rarely) so there would be more than one run of certain years.

The first runs are the only ones listed (usually) because they will come out with a mold, release a first run, and then tweak the mold to make it exactly what they want. Therefore the first runs are sometimes a tad bit different than the regular mold, and they will sometimes (rarely) release another set of first runs.

First run Buzzz = says first run

Second run Buzzz = Wasp tooled, doesn't have first run stamp

Third run....damn just do some research buzzz noob...

Last edited:
Recently the local shop stocked some ESP's with the big bee stamp in the middle. Previously, including the ones I've owned, have had the DISCRAFT stamp. Any difference in runs between the two, or is this just the first time I've seen an old stamp?

Not that it really matters to me anyway, I can't imagine Buzzz runs flying much differenlty from one another. Maybe I'm wrong.

First run Buzzz = says first run

Second run Buzzz = Wasp tooled, doesn't have first run stamp

Third run....damn just do some research buzzz noob...

I'm new around here and all, so flame on, but yikes dude. He was just asking a question.

Its true there have been topics on this before.

First run= Bar stamp, says first run.
2nd run=Bar stamps wasp tooling, pearly and clear blends.
3rd run (2nd First runs)=Bar stamp 2006 players cup sponsor disc, says 2nd first run, 1200 made, all pearly
4th run=Bar stamps, wasp tooling, some pearly with leftover 2nd first run plastic, some clear some pearly.
5th run=old 4 icon stamp, wasp tooling, most clear, some semi pearly.
6th run= Bar stamp, Buzzz tooling, various plastic blends.
7th and on, current stamp.

This information is from the best of my buzzz collecting knowledge along with Keith, a former discraft employee(came up with the name Z plastic)

Last edited:
There is really no way to tell the difference between a 2nd run and a 4th run if it is not pearly.

Oops here is the correct list, above post should say 2nd and 3rd run.

1st run=bar stamp, says first run.
2nd run=bar stamps and old circle stamps(Wasp tooling), some pearly some clear
3rd run=bar stamps(Wasp tooling), some pearly some clear
4th run=2nd first runs, bar stamps(Wasp tooling), all pearly 1200 made.
5th run=bar stamps(Buzzz tooling) some pearly some clear

*fixed

Recently the local shop stocked some ESP's with the big bee stamp in the middle. Previously, including the ones I've owned, have had the DISCRAFT stamp. Any difference in runs between the two, or is this just the first time I've seen an old stamp?

Not that it really matters to me anyway, I can't imagine Buzzz runs flying much differenlty from one another. Maybe I'm wrong.

There is a difference

New runs of the buzz are nothing like old runs,IMHO. I bought a 3 pack in 08 of pink,tourney stamped(2008 Frizz). I still have 2 of them and recieved a Ice Bowl Buzz from earlier this year. The one from this year is way more understable,which I actually like,but I do like the older ones better. They are flatter and more stable. I just picked up a 08 tourney stamp from the marketplace here,the other night. I'm hoping it will be pretty much the same run as my Frizz Buzzes.

what run is it if its wasp tooled but has the old logo discraft buzzz on top and mid range driver elite z on bottom? found it at hole 1 tee with no name..7/10...any value? sorry to thread jack.

Latest posts