• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine

Has anybody subscribed yet? Is the only way to pay with paypal at checkout?

That was the only option I got for payment at checkout...no credit/debit ?

Has anybody subscribed yet? Is the only way to pay with paypal at checkout?

That was the only option I got for payment at checkout...no credit/debit ?
I got burned when I subscribed to the last new disc golf magazine, I think I received maybe 3 issues before they went under. If this one is still around a year after they get the first issue out I'll consider subscribing at that point assuming it's a decent mag.

I got burned when I subscribed to the last new disc golf magazine, I think I received maybe 3 issues before they went under. If this one is still around a year after they get the first issue out I'll consider subscribing at that point assuming it's a decent mag.
I figure if I get the shirt I've spent my money well.

Editors / fact checkers / copy writers all cost money.

Disc Golf has skated by for quite some time by having professional people working for free/peanuts because they have 'passion' for the sport/game. Passion doesn't pay the bills.

Until somebody is serious enough to make an investment and not immediately try and recoup said investment from the community :):cough, discgolfplanet.tv, cough::)... I think we'll be stuck with (and have to accept) content that lacks the final polish of a real magazine/newspaper/website.

Exactly. Or, a group of people who try and put high quality stuff out there, but have difficulty sustaining that level due to lack of funding.

Writing for a disc golf website (see sig) that strives for an elite level of polish, it is certainly difficult to keep it going on a volunteer basis.

I figure if I get the shirt I've spent my money well.

T-Shirt and a single edition, and I'll agree. If they go under quickly the shirt will be another reminder of how far DG still has to go… :)

On December 12, they said that t-shirts and posters would be mailed out "tomorrow."

Prior to December 12, and as late as December 5, people were encouraged to order their subscriptions in order to receive their shirts "before Christmas."

I was just notified this morning that they printed a shipping label for my shirt (no idea if they've packaged up my second subscription for my brother in law).

In other words, a poor first step, another lie told by a disc golf company. I've posted two comments on the Facebook page and await feedback.

Last edited:
On December 12, they said that t-shirts and posters would be mailed out "tomorrow."

Prior to December 12, and as late as December 5, people were encouraged to order their subscriptions in order to receive their shirts "before Christmas."

I was just notified this morning that they printed a shipping label for my shirt (no idea if they've packaged up my second subscription for my brother in law).
I got my shirt last week. I don't recall getting any notifications regarding a shipping label.

In other words, a poor first step, another lie told by a disc golf company...
That's a mighty broad brush you're painting with.

I got a shipping notification,but no shirt yet.

If it shows up tomorrow, or in January, I don't care. I just hope the magazine succeeds.

Some folks get riled up to easily about **** that doesn't really matter....

:|

I got my shirt last week. I don't recall getting any notifications regarding a shipping label.

I got a USPS shipping notification. Maybe because I have an account, maybe not. I don't know.

That's a mighty broad brush you're painting with.

No it's not. I ordered a week earlier than their deadline, and they said I'd get it before Christmas. I will not.

I don't care that much. In fact, I don't care at all about MY shirt (and I couldn't care less about either of the posters). I bought two subscriptions, and one was a gift, and now Christmas will come without the shirt they said would be here by Christmas. A gift I won't be able to give for Christmas.

Which sucks. Not a lot, but more than zero.

It's not the end of the world. It's not even the worst thing to happen today. But this forum isn't about how my daughter dumped the bowl of gerbil poop on the carpet, it's for discussing disc golf, and specifically, for this magazine. They lied. That's just a factual statement at this point.

Looks promising. Question is how long will the money last to make it profitable? And is there enough of a market out there with the other mag to make it viable...?

I had an update that my package was shipped, but it never updated. Until about 2 weeks later when it was delivered. Even if the magazine is a bust, I still got a shirt and a poster out of the deal.

I had an update that my package was shipped, but it never updated. Until about 2 weeks later when it was delivered. Even if the magazine is a bust, I still got a shirt and a poster out of the deal.

Yeah, I figured the same thing: worst case, you get a shirt. But I've gotta get the shirt first. Two, actually. :)

...I have an account, maybe not. I don't know.
As do I. Not sure how that's relevant, but oh well.

They lied. That's just a factual statement at this point.
Factual for your situation, but not on the entirety of the company. I was just pointing out that perhaps you were being a bit generalizing in your statements that-
In other words, a poor first step, another lie told by a disc golf company.

how my daughter dumped the bowl of gerbil poop on the carpet
Now see, this intrigues me. Is the gerbil trained to poop in a bowl?

As do I. Not sure how that's relevant, but oh well.

It may have explained why I got a notification and you did not. It turns out that it's probably not the case, but it could have.

Factual for your situation, but not on the entirety of the company.

My comments were limited to my situation (and anyone else affected similarly). I can only speak for my own situation - it's silly to assume that I'm speaking for EVERYONE. How could I possibly know what EVERYONE thinks.

I was just pointing out that perhaps you were being a bit generalizing in your statements that

Nope. I'm only speaking about my situation, and the others in the same boat. If you got your shirt, great. Good for you.

Now see, this intrigues me. Is the gerbil trained to poop in a bowl?

Yes, you put special sand in it. Like a litter box.

I really liked the PDGA mag, but since I haven't renewed my membership, I miss not getting it. So I could be very interested in a subscription.

Latest posts