• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Discs

rykurovski

i don't ever see or hear anything about these guys online. i love my veterans and my tanks, and the mortar is a staple in my bag. i know that all their molds are just reissues of older molds but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of popularity. do people not like them or do they just not know?

They probably just fly under the radar. I've never seen them in a physical store. They have solid discs but most golfers probably aren't like us in that they scour the internet looking for alternatives to discs they can buy locally.

i don't ever see or hear anything about these guys online. i love my veterans and my tanks, and the mortar is a staple in my bag. i know that all their molds are just reissues of older molds but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of popularity. do people not like them or do they just not know?

I think they just don't know. They need to market and advertise a lot more if they want to move (a lot) more product. Right now they're a niche market..

i guess that's true, i live in Texas so it's kinda Millennium country out here. my first disc was an orion ls so i guess i kinda have a soft spot for them. does anyone know if they're doing anything new soon?

I have a few Mortars (Recon/Frontline-X). I always have a Mortar in my bag. Mortars replaced my Gators. I prefer beadless discs for sidearm. I previously threw Gators backhand & sidearm. The Gator worked decently well sidearm but I get a much cleaner release with the Mortar.

I don't have specific links, but my info came from the Millennium DGC group on Facebook. That's the best spot to get info about Hyzerbomb discs as well.

I only have experience with the mortar, but it's great. I have been meaning to try a veteran, but I already have Eagles so it's not a slot I have open right now.

Mortar is solid though, flies a lot like an old barstamp dx gator for me, but cleaner for forehand.

I threw a Veteran for a bit and really liked it. Honestly, I can't remember why I took it out of the bag. I should probably pull it back out and give it a revisit now that I think about it.

I bag Tanks and throw them often. Recon (champ) Tanks are produced annually for the Nick Hyde Memorial. I bag one of those and a baseline Tank for straight glide-less upshots.

I get that understable kind of goes against their name, but I would love them to come out with some US stuff. Flippy mid and like speed 8/9 driver would be great.

I had thought that Marty McFly sold the company and I haven't heard much since.

I could be wrong. I'm wrong about lots of things.

The Nick Hyde Memorial s coming up next weekend (Pro version) and they are big players with that. I think the Hyzerbomb guy was the TD in years past, not sure about him this year however.

I get that understable kind of goes against their name, but I would love them to come out with some US stuff. Flippy mid and like speed 8/9 driver would be great.

i have a bunch of veterans and they beat in to become a really nice control driver. so i have os and stable covered with one mold. i love eagles but it's hard to find a good one nowadays. all the veterans i have (4) are all consistent across the board.

but i agree, some understable stuff would be rad \m/

Last edited:
i have a bunch of veterans and they beat in to become a really nice control driver. so i have os and stable covered with one mold. i love eagles but it's hard to find a good one nowadays. all the veterans i have (4) are all consistent across the board.

but i agree, some understable stuff would be rad \m/

I mean, I consider Baseline Tanks to be US because they quickly beat in to be the ultimate hyzerflip putter, but I want something US out of the box.

Recon Tanks are absolutely amazing driving and approach putters. They are the discs I miss throwing the most. But you have to throw OS Wizards to get US Wizards.
The MOAB is an overstable monster, but super super cool. Nothing else shrugs off wind like a MOAB (Champ Vipers too, actually).
Matt Siri owns Hyzerbomb. Really decent and nice guy. He does usually TD the Nick Hyde.

Recon Tanks are absolutely amazing driving and approach putters. They are the discs I miss throwing the most. But you have to throw OS Wizards to get US Wizards.
The MOAB is an overstable monster, but super super cool. Nothing else shrugs off wind like a MOAB (Champ Vipers too, actually).
Matt Siri owns Hyzerbomb. Really decent and nice guy. He does usually TD the Nick Hyde.

YES. i have a nick hyde memorial recon tank and it rules!