• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

Got me 2! 1 Recon, 1 Frontline-x!

I will now have a pretty great collection with my Infinite VIP Mortar, these 2 new ones and my 4 older runs.

Damn, 7 Mortars.. I think that might be a bit excessive.. haha

I just ordered a blue Recon & a blue Frontline-X to add to my collection. The Recon is listed as Luster, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I haven't cared for Luster plastic up to now but if there's a disc that could change my mind, it's a beadless Gator!

Ah yeah! the Luster plastic is exciting news. I'm so stoked about these. Time to sell off my Gators..
With 7 of these bad boys, It doesn't matter if they do go OOP which they won't now. :)
Plus Koling and Sexton bagging these now?? These are here to stay. My 4 first runs will probably be worth some coin in the future. Fingers crossed.

The site was formatted a bit wonky on my phone, but I didn't see a way to change shipping options. I ordered 2 frontline x and 2 recon, 14 in shipping seemed a little high. I didn't see an option though to change shipping method.

Would the mortar fall between say, a harp/zone and a justice? Looking for a forehand approach disc that doesn't overlap too much with the shield (which I don't forehand well compared to a harp - the justice is still too much beef for what I want)

Would the mortar fall between say, a harp/zone and a justice? Looking for a forehand approach disc that doesn't overlap too much with the shield (which I don't forehand well compared to a harp - the justice is still too much beef for what I want)

That's a good comparison. My swirly Frontline Mortar is a longer Zone in my book. It is pretty beefy, but still retains some good glide. It's what I wished the Roc3X and MD4 were. Now, I'm hoping the Recon can hold that slot a little longer as I've heard that Frontline breaks in a little faster than Star. (and don't really want to be throwing the "collectible" unique plastic too much)

The site was formatted a bit wonky on my phone, but I didn't see a way to change shipping options. I ordered 2 frontline x and 2 recon, 14 in shipping seemed a little high. I didn't see an option though to change shipping method.

Per Facebook, they are having technical issues with the shipping calculations for multiple discs. They will refund money for those that were affected.

Can anyone compare this disc to the Roc3. The numbers are the same, but from what I've read I am expecting the Mortar to be more OS than a roc3.

Can anyone compare this disc to the Roc3. The numbers are the same, but from what I've read I am expecting the Mortar to be more OS than a roc3.

Most Roc3's are not a true 0, 3 for stability. When thrown with power, a Roc3 will typically turn a little bit and have a very moderate fade (much more like -0.5, 2 in my experience). A Mortar is definitely more of a true 0, 3 and they glide much less than a Roc3 as well. If you've ever thrown a premium plastic Gator, the Mortar is much closer to that than a Roc3 (well the Mortar IS the old beadless Gator mold so the two fly very similarly).

Frontline Mortar>Champ RocX3/C-MD4>Champ Roc3

The Mortar is what I wished Roc3s and MD3s would be. I LOVE my MD3s, but they are definitely only 5/5/0/2 and season in even straighter. The RocX3 and MD4 released fairly recently and flew very similar to the R3/MD3. Just barely noticeable increase in stability. However, the Mortar fits exactly what I wanted. It still retains glide, can carry almost as far as my MD3s, but will hook up quite a bit more and push it's fade with more lateral movement.

Got me 2! 1 Recon, 1 Frontline-x!

I will now have a pretty great collection with my Infinite VIP Mortar, these 2 new ones and my 4 older runs.

Damn, 7 Mortars.. I think that might be a bit excessive.. haha

i'm about to have 5, i feel you bro.

Is there room for a Mortar between my Zone and Resistor? Probably not but I will probably buy one when they are available at a cheaper price. I miss my beadless gator.

Is there room for a Mortar between my Zone and Resistor? Probably not but I will probably buy one when they are available at a cheaper price. I miss my beadless gator.

There's always room if you decide to make it :)

In all honestly though, probably not enough to add another disc to your bag. In fact I opted (sadly) to only buy a Recon because the FrontlineX would fill the exact roll I already use my Ti FLX Zone for.

Just ordered a couple of Recons. Would like to have a frontline to try out - just not a fan of g*/frontline-x type plastics at all. Hopefully I can sort of consolidate all the different molds I'd been trying for an overstable mid/approach type disc.