• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

I only have a first run frontline-x and a 1.2 recon. Should I expect more or less the same stability can within each of the plastics if I get one of the new ones? Will the newer luster mortars fly the same as my current recon mortar?

I only have a first run frontline-x and a 1.2 recon. Should I expect more or less the same stability can within each of the plastics if I get one of the new ones? Will the newer luster mortars fly the same as my current recon mortar?

I'll let you know. I ordered 2 frontline x and 2 recons. I can compare them to my past runs. I would probably assume they will be about as stable.

The 1.4's flew very similar to my 1.2's. Tested them today on FH and BH shots in a pretty heavy wind (20+ mph). The Microbead was negligible. I only noticed it when I went straight from throwing a 1.2 to a 1.4. It did not affect my release or anything which was my main concern. Especially in regards to my mediocre FH. The frontline X plastic is super pearly and looks great with a slight dome. The Recon plastic is considerably stiffer and flatter than the 1.2 I have.

1. Where did you order your 1.4 recon?

2. How was it different than the 1.3? More stable?

I had the 1.3 runs in Recon and Frontline-X. They were flippy, VERY flippy. I dumped them on eBay after field testing. The 1.4 in Recon is amazing. The plastic is luster-like and firm af. It can take a full torque and not flip. It finishes hard right (RHFH). If you want a slightly less stable Glow Champion Gator, then this is your disc! The 1.4 Frontline-X, for me, is a point and shoot with little ground action. It too can handle torque, but not nearly as well as the Recon.

Infinite discs has some motars in stock now. I spoke to DGU and they are expecting a restock, but couldn't say if the restock would be the 1.4s.

What? I have never flipped any of the runs I have had. There is nothing flippy about them.

Yeah I was surprised to read that. Those must have been total fluke discs...I might have been petty enough to try and get a refund if I could flip a Mortar...or totally revaluate my form haha

I was out last week throwing them into 20 mph headwinds with 35 mpg gusts and they stood up a bit, maybe turned a hair then finished strong. They were never flippy.

The only time I ever turn them over is when I really roll my wrists on a FH throw. Like really roll my wrist because my form is so bad. And at that point I know it's all me.

All I know is, the whole deal with the mortar was that it was a beadles gator. It's a gator, but beadless! Big Jerm and Sexton both talked about how they liked the gator but couldn't get with the bead for forehand... lo and behold, the mortar.

Now they added a microbead? Why screw around? The whole point was that the thing was beadless! No thanks.

If I wanted a microbeaded stable mid to FH, I would buy a verdict or MD4 and not worry about paying a premium for these.

All I know is, the whole deal with the mortar was that it was a beadles gator. It's a gator, but beadless! Big Jerm and Sexton both talked about how they liked the gator but couldn't get with the bead for forehand... lo and behold, the mortar.

Now they added a microbead? Why screw around? The whole point was that the thing was beadless! No thanks.

If I wanted a microbeaded stable mid to FH, I would buy a verdict or MD4 and not worry about paying a premium for these.

From what I understand, it was not intentional to add the micro bead. They have a run that has it and they designate it as such. But going forward the next runs of the mold should be back to having no bead. If the micro bead if so offensive, wait for the next run.

From what I understand, it was not intentional to add the micro bead. They have a run that has it and they designate it as such. But going forward the next runs of the mold should be back to having no bead. If the micro bead if so offensive, wait for the next run.

Color me offended :D

the "beadless" gator has always had a small bead so im not sure why it was labeled as such. anywho, the original mortar was this small beaded gator, then got retooled or made into a newer mold that has zero bead on it. this recent 1.4 run has again been run as the small bead gator(''beadless''). i believe it is not another retool but a mistake on which mold to run since hyzerbomb has used 2 molds for the mortar basically.

the "beadless" gator has always had a small bead so im not sure why it was labeled as such. anywho, the original mortar was this small beaded gator, then got retooled or made into a newer mold that has zero bead on it. this recent 1.4 run has again been run as the small bead gator(''beadless''). i believe it is not another retool but a mistake on which mold to run since hyzerbomb has used 2 molds for the mortar basically.

If this is the case, I think they should intentionally run both versions as alternate runs. That way people have a choice of which they like better.

I have to admit that after reading through this thread a bit and spotting the pic of the "microbead," it would seem that the bead is small enough as to not interfere with any kind of grip, including forehand. And if it's the case that the beadles gators have always had the microbead, whatever.

I have to admit that after reading through this thread a bit and spotting the pic of the "microbead," it would seem that the bead is small enough as to not interfere with any kind of grip, including forehand. And if it's the case that the beadles gators have always had the microbead, whatever.

Yeah it is very small, but I still prefer older runs when throwing forehand. With backhand it doesn't really matter.

Got to see a 1.4 recon compared side-by-side against my 1.3 recon this weekend. Not the same wing at all. This is the kind of crap that I stopped throwing the OLF because of - feel and flight being different enough that they aren't the same disc. Was considering getting some frontline-x for the winter but skipped them for now in favor of z flx zones to use for forehand approaches and such.

Latest posts