• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

Since it's looking like the 1.3 run variant is basically irreplaceable now anyone have a suggestion for a beadless gator in plastic like frontline-x?

Assuming I will eventually lose mine since I doubt you can actually wear it out, I would like a more readily available backup.

Since it's looking like the 1.3 run variant is basically irreplaceable now anyone have a suggestion for a beadless gator in plastic like frontline-x?

Assuming I will eventually lose mine since I doubt you can actually wear it out, I would like a more readily available backup.

Westside Anvil, Discraft Zone or Innova Caiman

Can anyone tell me how the FrontLine mortars compare to the Recon and FrontLine x. I bag the Recon and it is nice and skippy and the FrontLine x is hit and stop.

Has anyone thrown a regular Frontline mortar and compare it to the frontline x? I like the way the frontline x flies, but do not like the gumminess of it.

I recently picked up the last two Frontline-X 1.5s at Disc Golf Depot on the way to BSF. For a while I had been waffling over what to pair with my Recon Mortars when I want something to hit and stick, now I think I'll try the same mold in flexible plastic.

Anyone else bag the mortar in two different flavors? Do you bag them alongside a Harp/Zone/AviarX3 or possibly something like an OS Gator or Justice?

I recently picked up the last two Frontline-X 1.5s at Disc Golf Depot on the way to BSF. For a while I had been waffling over what to pair with my Recon Mortars when I want something to hit and stick, now I think I'll try the same mold in flexible plastic.

Anyone else bag the mortar in two different flavors? Do you bag them alongside a Harp/Zone/AviarX3 or possibly something like an OS Gator or Justice?

I bag recon and frontline X alongside a pig. I probably throw the pig more than either but that's just based on what range I am often looking at. Rarely do I need to throw 225-250 FH. Above 250 I'm throwing the FD2 or FD3. Below 225 it's a pig. However they are in there and I do use them.

I only throw the recon BH. It's great but I don't run into many holes that call for it, generally a wind mid for me.

Can anyone educate me on this disc? I see that there are different numbered runs, and some are more desirable than others. I don't see anything that identifies the run on this disc, though.

What run/plastic are the Inscho stamps?

There are two molds for this. The early ones had no microbead, and are unobtanium.

The later ones have a microbead and are slightly more available, but are pretty close to unobtanium.

Millennium has some special edition UDGC 2022 stamps on X-outs. Good plastic too, but 25$ x-outs.

As far as the disc goes, it's great. I would absolutely bag these in my overstable mid spot if they kept running frontline-x (gstar) Mortars, but I'm not holding my breath. It would take Big Germ on a mission to get these into regular production when the Caiman also exists. They should be similar, but I find the Caiman to be shorter and dumpier and the old run Mortars (which is all I have) to be longer and more like a Verdict/MD4 flight.

Geez... I totally forgot to post the pic of the one I'm asking about...

Attachments

• 20221118_153425.jpg
    20221118_153425.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I believe I have one of those and it's color glow, 2018 ish?

Otherwise it is just Star plastic. I think they call it frontline?

Last edited:
Geez... I totally forgot to post the pic of the one I'm asking about...

I think 1.2 or 1.3 was where the Frontline runs dropped off (the swirly Frontline run was the last one in 2017-2018). I believe the same swirly Frontline run was stamped for the Inscho Nick Hyde player pack stamps as for the Infinite VIP and DGU stamps. So there are probably 1200-1600 of them (non X-outs) around. The USDGC stamped x-outs on the Millennium site are likely the same run.

1.5 Frontline-X and 1.5 Recon were the most recent stock runs ~2018. The later Recon runs were Innova Luster Champion like blends and fairly flat. Later FrontlineX runs were basically Innova GStar (also flat).

Recon Glow was the last new Mortar run released in 2020. Infinite had a run of color glow Recon at some point prior to that as well. Both of these runs are pretty desirable.

2017 and onward have the microbead since the beadless bottom mold piece broke. The top mold piece is the same as the Gator but run through the flat top processing. Prior to Hyzerbomb starting, Innova was running the beadless Gator variation in stock Star plastic occasionally. Recent runs of stock/CFR Gators/Gator3s have a bead. Innova came out with the Caiman as a flat top beadless Gator-like option which has been available in stock Star and Champion plastics so the demand/popularity has diminished for Mortars generally.

Innova has not run the Caiman in GStar yet so FrontlineX runs probably have a bit of value. Luster/Glow/Color Glow Recon/Frontline Swirly hold value as some people really like those plastic blends over the standard Champion/Star that the Caiman is available in. Most of these that come up for sale get snatched up pretty quick on the FB Millennium collectors page.

I believe I have one of those and it's color glow, 2018 ish?

Otherwise it is just Star plastic. I think they call it frontline?

That stamp was used for both Swirly Frontline and Glow Recon releases for the Nick Hyde Memorial that year. Probably a couple hundred of each stamped & released in the player pack/sold as fundraiser discs. I don't remember if there were any color glow ones as well (Infinite Discs put a circle of bombs stamp on their run).

This one is definitely swirly.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, this is a 1.2 or 1.3 from 2017 or 2018 in Swirly Frontline plastic.

I have a Star Caiman in the same weight. They're pretty-much identical to the eye, aside from the tiniest of tiny microbeads on the Mortar. (It feels more like a rounded bottom edge than a bead.) Flight-wise, the Mortar holds straighter for longer and has a less dumpy fade. So, the Mortar gets a bit more distance. Neither turn (for my arm) in a 20-ish mph headwind.

I loved the Frontline-X 1.3. It was that GStar plastic - so, perfect grip and a ton of reliability in flight and durability. Made the mistake of selling them off. Tried to get back into them with the 1.5 mold, but I never clicked with it. I later gave the Caiman a try, but I hated it. I was getting better results with the Zone.

Latest posts