• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am Almost Done with DG...

Thanks for the additional posts and love.

I am currently enjoying a much needed vacation and will post another update soon :D.

Here is another update from 5-9-16...

I did go play a course out of town and actually had fun for a change! This course plays longer than my home course and is a little more open too but they did a good job on the layout. The wind is a major factor playing here as well, it was so windy that even my shorter approach/layup shots were thrown with my most stable Pinnacle Patriot!

We played 4 rounds of 9 holes and I will admit those 36 holes got me a little tired toward the end as I had not played a round in over a month.

I even took some new/un-thrown discs and used them during the rounds with pretty good success.

No official scores were kept/written/logged for the day either, I kind of kept up enough on the course to know that I was one or two over on each of them for the day.

This will sound weak to a few of you ( as I am a nodle-arm ) but I did manage to push several drives to the 300'+ range on the longer holes and was excited because I haven't thrown that far in a while. I got two nice drives on the #8 hole that is 317', I managed to get them pin high right with a nice smooth flight :D.

I even busted out a roller on the #7, 383' downhill hole once :eek:. The wind had been killing me here all day and I figured what the heck and went for it. I never throw rollers and have practiced them maybe 5 times in my disc-ing career. I got it over, it held the angle, hit the ground right, rolled straight toward the pin for a long way and finished nice, I did get my par here that time!

The best part of the day was seeing my friend Paul get his first ever Ace on hole #1 :hfive:, it was a nice slightly downhill 267' skip Ace to boot! Paul was on that day, killed his drives, made some putts and finished under on all but one round that he finished even :thmbup:.

Overall it was an awesome day to get out and have fun with some with a friend and some Frisbee's :p.

That is what it is all about out there on the DG course. Whoever has the most fun wins.

Update for May 15, 2016...This was the first time to play my home course since 4-4-16 and here is the recap.

Played three rounds at my home course with my bro from the prior update. Started out with a +5, then a +3, and then got it down to a +2 to end the day. That does not sound so good on a 9 hole course BUT, I did not let the bad stuff get to my head. I made a few good shots here and there but mostly I just enjoyed playing with a friend and he was killing it while I watched and cheered him on.

He did get his SECOND ACE in 6 days on hole #6 ( the most wooded hole on the course too ) during our second round! Great line with a nice skip into the basket to bang them chains!

Update for May 16, 2016.

The day was crap with some attempted disc throwing for a "Round"...here is what I put in my score book log for the day...

Round #1 of Monday. Played not so good but the highlight of the day was a Par on #3! I even started a second round but abandoned it after almost losing my favorite River in the woods on hole #3. I am ready to admit defeat, my home course has officially "crushed my spirit".

That was the best thing to do for myself, just pack it in and go home. My old self would would force me to stay and "play thru it" and make me miserable but new self said forget it, go home and I did. Thanks new self :thmbup:!

Very nice. A different approach and you're understanding what your breaking point is. It's not about the numbers, it's about you having fun and finding anything that you can take as a positive.

This isn't a video game where you can hit the reset button and start over. Take the good with the bad. Don't hover on the bad, understand what you did and see ya!!!

Vent for that second and Serenity Now.

You're on the right track. Keep it up and this will all be in your rear view mirror.