• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I could beat Paul Macbeth if........

I'll say that I could beat him from the red tees on my own home course, with him getting no practice beforehand.

(Jimb hoping to taunt Mr. McBeth into coming to visit his home course, knowing that there's really no chance of winning. :p)

...if we played in the rain, and all his discs were made out of bread.

How about this, he can only use one disc we get to pick what it is. I would think that you would need to pick an extreme disc, crazy overstable or understable. I would think a crazy overstable distance driver may be tough to use when getting close to the basket. Realistically, he would beat a decent player by one or two strokes per hole using a full bad so maybe using one disc would add the strokes.

I'm still thinking McBeast would win, but this would be really interesting to watch, especially if it was windy.

If every hole was 220' with a 20 mph headwind and I was throwing an Envy and he was throwing an Orbital...

I would only lose by 18 strokes,

On a 9 hole course.

After reading through this I have to say that most people don't realize just how good Paul is. About 80% of the notions here still result in a challenger loss. Paul with bread discs in the rain is a win, but almost any combo of discs, shortened tees, playing from different boxes etc., I bet on Paul.

He has to play blindfolded, I mean the whole time, and we ignore the rule that I have to help him look for his disc. Then maybe.

If I were Martin Doerken, Jeremy Koling, Will Shusterick, Ricky Wysocki, Gregg Barsby, or Michael Johansen.

If I were Simon Lizotte, I could do it twice.

If you happen to read this thread, Paul, I'm sorry. :D

...if we were playing basketball

...if he was not allowed to putt or standstill upshot (has to do a full run-up on every throw) - he'd probably still win even with the penalty strokes from inside the circle

I beat him three times this year and it's on paper. Holes 3, 4, and 12 on the lake eureka temp course at the worlds biggest disc golf event ever The ledgestone open!

I beat him three times this year and it's on paper. Holes 3, 4, and 12 on the lake eureka temp course at the worlds biggest disc golf event ever The ledgestone open!

181 players beat Paul on one or more holes there. 34 didn't (including Paul).

Nobody beat him on holes 1, 2, 5, 8, 14, 15, 16, or 18.

Paul would have beat a best-disc triples team of the next three highest rated players there: Wysocki, Doss, and Feldberg.

Latest posts