• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have a PDGA Global ranking.......

Plastic Thunder

Eagle Member
So I played an event a few weeks ago, and tanked poorly. I figured I would go see how bad my rating dropped and I notices a global ranking next to my name. 674th......... So now rather than worrying about round ratings I have a new mission. I am going for sub 500. Yes , I know, fix my rating issue and I will improve my ranking. Better plan is if enough of you old guys tank, I could move up in the world. So help a brother out, blow up at a few more events and help me please.

Now that I think about it, should be a at 10000th. This is a Grand Masters ranking. I do wonder if any one would want to sponsor the 674th ranked old fart on the planet. Sign me now before I get hot and move to say 650th..........

Well after the last event I most likely headed the other direction. somewhere closer to that 10000 mark.

Must be a 2023 thing, i don't have one. Haven't played an event yet.

Fellow NYer Steve Brinster played Masters at the Memorial and a local B tier, placed 2nd in both.
Global Masters Series Rank: #9

Get 'em in early fellas! We play several icebowl events and have a super active local TD (featured in pdga mag this quarter), so I've managed an early set of hot rated rounds and got up to 16th in the 60+ group, for about a minute. As the real players get their first 8 solid rounds in, I'll tumble down that list.

Get 'em in early fellas! We play several icebowl events and have a super active local TD (featured in pdga mag this quarter), so I've managed an early set of hot rated rounds and got up to 16th in the 60+ group, for about a minute. As the real players get their first 8 solid rounds in, I'll tumble down that list.

I played an ice bowl this year as my first tournament ever. Apparently it didn't come with any round ratings because I got nothing. Also, the guy in front of me bought 25 mulligans so maybe that's a good thing. I didn't buy any. I actually wanted a ranking of some sort. Oh well.

Last edited:
I haven't checked, but pretty sure my global ranking is a privilege of membership, which ain't happening

Oof, I don't want to think about what my Global Ranking would be. What's the latest PDGA number that was given out? I'd be somewhere in that range.

In all seriousness, I am waiting for a smaller disc company to decide that their target market is going to be us 'experienced' players, with a large portion or even most of their discs in the 160g and less range. As the current playing population continues to age, the market will only grow. All I know is a Firebird or stock Destroyer are pretty useless for me...unless a hole has a sharp left turn after 200'...and I have had trouble finding my favorite molds in weights that make sense to my 45 mph release speed.

Hey, I'm way up there at #342 after one round of snow-crusted sub-200 foot holes, where I got a 6 without resorting to OB penalties.

I bet with one round on Timberwolf at The Preserve I could have a four-digit ranking.

Are ams in an age group ranked separately from pros?

Yes, they are.

FWIW, I'm ranked number 635 in MA55, based on 3 rounds. It looks like the sum the round ratings from up to 8 rounds as the basis for your ranking. If you have fewer than 8 rated rounds, you won't be able to have a good ranking in your division.

Well, I am on a heater apparently, from well over 650th to 359th. Also some of you have stunk it up, because 2 of the worst rounds I have ever thrown came in March.

Currently #70 among pro men 55-59. Have played poorly pretty much all year.

The stuff the PDGA does that ranks you based on comparing ratings from different courses is complete nonsense by the way.

Any idea the back-end requirements for getting a global ranking? My rounds from last weekend are official, but I still don't even have the global ranking listed on my profile...

Any idea the back-end requirements for getting a global ranking? My rounds from last weekend are official, but I still don't even have the global ranking listed on my profile...

No action is required. Updates are made every Tuesday at noon. If you've played in an event and Tuesday has passed, then send us an email at [email protected]
If this is the case, most likely it's because you have profile privacy turned on. Privacy hides your location and upcoming events, and it originally also opted you out of the global leaderboard. However, these are two independent settings, so we can enable the GMS leaderboard while still leaving your profile privacy turned on.

Latest posts