• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] I Have A Question

Not really. The type of plastic drastically affects it though.

Most to least durable-

Champ
Star
Pro
DX

I am going to agree with BirdieMachine, but with one caveat. The weight of the disc doesn't seem to make the disc "beat in" any faster or slower, but 150 class or lighter discs in base-line plastic seems to warp on hard impact easier, at least with my experience.

Not really...but yes in my opinion. Call me crazy but in my experience lighter discs lose stability more quickly.

Could be some variation, noticed lighter weight (160 and below) tends to be more flexible and softer than it's heavier counterparts, so it is possible but I wouldn't imagine it. Would also have to consider it against the fact many could probably get a lighter disc faster so maybe it has more chance for damage at higher speeds.

One exception is the Blizzard / Air plastic if you compare it to the regular Champion plastic.

Since the Blizzard has the rim filled with air bubbles, it is much more porous and gets beat in way faster than the normal solid champion plastic.