• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Hit Someone Today!

Am I the only one gets pissed when a group consists of more than 4? 5 may be OK if they move quick and don't dawdle. But 8 or 10 is f'ing ridiculous.
ive been in groups of 6 that move faster than groups of 2 , if your playing with all adv and open players its funny how many times you let someone play through then end up having to pass them.

We play in pretty big groups when we make our yearly trip to Highbridge, but that location has so many courses and is so secluded that even on a busy day you barely run into anyone, so our 6- or 8-somes aren't a bother to anyone. We'll let any group that's smaller than ours go right on through, but like I said, up at Highbridge in the middle of the week you aren't going to see a lot of traffic. Other than that, I prefer to break off into smaller, more efficient groups (big groups = people always advancing to get to their lie prematurely, too many concurrent conversations, and patience wearing thin by the end of the round).

Thanks for the thread mambrose. I hit person number 3 for the year last week. I feel badly every time even though I yelled fore and took precautions. In this case it was another golfer. He had played the previous hole with us so he had witnessed the kind of distance represented in our group. We watched him play through the next hole and waited until he got onto the next tee pad. A couple of guys went ahead and threw from my group and one landed about 50 feet from him. I cut loose with a screaming line drive that caught a little updraft at about '300 feet. I yelled fore and another guy in my group yelled too. After that my follow through pulled me far enough around that I couldn't see the disc anymore. After a couple of the guys in my group said they thought I hit him or his dog I got ready to run down and check on him but he ran straight off the course. A guy who was walking on the trail next to the fairway was laughing and said, "you damn near knocked him out". The disc was several feet beyond the tee box so it must have hit a glancing blow off his bean but ouch! I know accidents happen but that just sucks.

Two days earlier a deaf guy played through us at that same spot and I waited until he had made it well out of my range before I threw because I knew he couldn't hear us yell fore!

To the guy I hit...I am really sorry!

I'm glad I ran across this thread cause now I can tell my funny story...
So I'm about to finish a round with 3 other buddies during a weekly when one of the guys steps up and crushes a soft beat up Roc straight down the fairway on hole 18. As we watch the saucer in all it's flying glory, we suddenly see a young kid dart into view heading on a collision course with the Roc. Before we could yell anything.... BAM!.... Roc to the forehead! We start running down the fairway hoping that the kid's parents won't complain to the city and get the course pulled. The kid hightails it to his parents in hope of some motherly love but what he got instead was something we would never forget. This is what we hear as we arrive trying to catch our breath.
Kid: AAAAAAHHHHHHH! (crying)
Dad: (Laughing) Are you hurt?
Kid: No
Dad: then... SHUT UP!
None of us could contain ourselves. We finished the round in tears of laughter.

Hoped you enjoyed my story

We play in pretty big groups when we make our yearly trip to Highbridge, but that location has so many courses and is so secluded that even on a busy day you barely run into anyone, so our 6- or 8-somes aren't a bother to anyone. We'll let any group that's smaller than ours go right on through, but like I said, up at Highbridge in the middle of the week you aren't going to see a lot of traffic. Other than that, I prefer to break off into smaller, more efficient groups (big groups = people always advancing to get to their lie prematurely, too many concurrent conversations, and patience wearing thin by the end of the round).

Any time we have six or more players we usually play best shot doubles.

Latest posts